forty-two

F L O ' S P O V

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

My eyes slowly opened up as a steady beeping noise was coming from somewhere next to me, everything was fuzzy as I blinked my eyes a few times and tried to look around the small room.

The room smelt of bleach and numerous other sterile cleaning chemicals that were used to clean the room from the last person that had been in it.

It all came crashing back. The kidnap. Being locked in that room. Meeting Tyler. Finding out about Jade and Victor. Ryder saving me. Ryder and my dad fighting. The gun being pulled. Then me pushing Ryder out of the way and taking the bullet for Ryder.

On top of the pounding headache and the aching pain in my chest, I could feel something moving softly near my arm. Then I felt it, the warm, electricity like sparks erupting on my left hand.

Looking down at it, there was a bigger hand intertwined with mine. I followed it down to see that there was a pile of dark brown hair laying on the bed next to me.

A soft snore was let out of the persons mouth when they turned over, revealing the one person I wanted to see most.

Ryder.

My heart swelled as he twitched in his sleep and held my hand tighter, making the sparks that had been just in my hand, shoot down my arm.

Choosing not to wake him up, I decided on just lying there and to slowly rack my other hand through his dark brown messy hair.

I examined his face as he laid there peacefully, he had dark bags under his eyes, his hair was obviously a mess and his skin seemed to be a little pale.

Oh my god how long have I been asleep for?

"Flower?" A sleepy voice said as the sparks and warmth on my hand vanished as Ryder stretched his arms out.

"Hey Ry." I croaked out.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"Only a day or so." He said.

"Here drink this flower." He said softly, handing me a bottle of water.

"Thanks." I said as I took it from him and screwed off the cap.

"I'm so fucking sorry baby." He said as his voice cracked.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I took a sip of the water.

"I should have listened to you that night, I should have just fucking listened to you Flo but I didn't and look what happened, that happened to you because of me." He said as his voice kept breaking and his eyes welled up with tears.

"Please don't cry." I said pausing, grabbing for his hand.

"It wasn't your fault; I was the one that pushed you out of the way, if anything it's my fault. So please Ry don't blame yourself." I said screwing the cap back onto the bottle.

"Okay I'm sorry." He said as he lent down and kissed the top of my head.

As he pulled away, I grabbed his plain black jumper and pulled him down to me, I gave him a quick look in the eyes and then looked down at his plump lips and back up to his eyes. He instantly took the message and leaned in, gently bringing his lips to mine.

"Ehem." Some cleared their throat.

We quickly broke apart and we were both met with a doctor and a nurse. The doctor was holding a clipboard with a slight smile on his face but the nurse on the other hand looked like she was about to burst with excitement.