Chapter 25-Zahra

Birds were chirping, and warm rays of the Sun had camouflaged the whole city of Islamabad.

Voices of different students wafted in the hallways of the university where Saba and her group were sitting on the chairs in front of a classroom.

Nimra was typing furiously on her mobile while three of her other friends were having a conversation about general things. Abruptly, Nimra stood from her seat and went toward another corner with a pissed-off expression.

"Seems that Nimra is having trouble with her fiance," Fiza said.

"Hmm..I don't understand why she always argues with him." Iqra added.

"Leave her topic! We shouldn't poke our nose in her affairs." Saba said with an annoyed expression.

"Ok, ok leave her. Discuss anything else! " Iqra raised her hands upon seeing the annoyed expressions.

"Dude! She got engaged. Why not find someone for us?"

There was mischief in Fiza's tone at which smiles etched on Iqra and Saba's faces. Saba knew it was for fun but her heart was getting anxious.

"Fiza saw that boy in the white shirt. I think he is suitable for you. His height and his complexion are just like yours."

Iqra said in a teasing tone at which laughter tumbled out from Fiza's mouth.

"Yes, Iqra. He is not bad. I like him."

Fiza said in between her giggles at which they both also laughed.

"Saba see that boy! "

Fiza said with sparkling orbs at which anxiety gripped her being.

"He is so handsome, and he is continuously looking toward you. I think he likes you. So.. Should he be able to become our brother-in-law?"

Saba gave a fake giggle to her to avoid commenting.

"Laughing....! I think Saba likes him! "

Fiza again said in an amused and teasing tone.

"Umm... " Saba was going to say something when they heard someone's cough behind them. Her heart jumped into her throat as she recognized the voice.

Three of them turned around and saw Sahir standing there with an expressionless face. But, Saba could see fury thundering in his orbs.

"I think you three had not seen the time. It is the time of class and you three are just sitting there and having a nonsense conversation. Don't you three want your attendance?"

His pitch was rising because of anger at which confusion laced Iqra and Fiza's faces, while fear gripped Saba's heart.

"We are sorry, Sir! The previous class was still going on, that's why we sat here."

Iqra said with nervousness to which Sahir nodded his head and stepped toward the classroom.

During the whole lecture, his expressions remained serious at which pin drop silence remained prevalent in the classroom. When two to three times Saba and Sahir made eye contact, she felt fury in those orbs.

..............................

Anxiously roaming into the room, she was waiting for Sahir. It was the tenth time she had peeked into the garage to find that Sahir's car had still not arrived home.

Taking a deep sigh, she sat on the couch with a mobile in her hand. Scrolling through the Facebook feed, her thumb stopped at a clip from a Pakistani drama.