Chapter 8

Chris came down the stairs very fast when that happened.

“Did Lauren went out?” he asked, looking at the door.

“Yes angel, she went for a walk.”

“Can't I go for a walk with her too? ” he asked, with a slightly sad gesture.

“Of course you can.” he smiled

“Come here” I said picking him up, sitting him next to him “Your sister went to a place where only big people go.”

“Will it take long for me to be big?”

“Of course not,” he smiled, running my hands through his hair, “you'll be big too, soon.”

I'm going to have a very big car. He showed me the size by stretching his arms.

“Oh god! This big?” I asked and he nodded “and will you gonna to take me for a walk?”

“Sure. But you're going to go in the back seat with the seat belt, just like I'm going.”

“Oh ok.” I said smiling.

“Lolo can also go.” he said and smiled
“and Tay too, everyone is going for a walk with me.”

Smile and I stayed a while longer listening to Chris talk to me about his school, friends and some dreams.

-

Later Chris went up to play in his room, while I stayed in the living room pretending to watch TV. I couldn't concentrate on anything concrete, because I would have to be the one who would bring Clara news that Lauren went out .

It didn't take long for the moment of speaking to come.

“Dear, have you seen Lauren?” Clara asked, coming down the stairs.

“Yes I saw her”. I said sighing “she left aunt, but did not say where she would go.”

“Oh ... ”she answered thoughtfully.“It's okay,” she said slowly.

There are at times like that when I want to kill Lauren. After a while Taylor returned happily, telling everything that happened at the party, I smiled at seeing her better than a while ago.

Lauren on the other hand, it cost her to arrive, but this time she arrived earlier than yesterday, at midnight she was already at home.

Her eyes deep and small, with a reddish color, the face of fatigue, of sleep.

She was like out of this world.
When Clara went to sleep, Taylor exploded.

“What the fuck did you use today?” she placed herself in front of her.

“Can you move so you won't stand infront of television?” she asked, trying to see.

“Answer me!”she said seriously.

“Fuck off!” she answered rudely.

“You're on the effect of drugs, right?”
she asked, feeling bad “your body is so used to those shits that they don't hurt you so much anymore.”

“Are you finished?” She asked and looked at the television, since Taylor moved.

“No, I'm not finished.” she held Lauren's face so that she could see her

“Don't you realize that that is killing you?” she asked seriously
“don't you see that that makes you bad?”

“And since when do you care?” Lauren asked in a low voice.

“Since” ... she dropped her face, with anger “that doesn't matter to me.” she shook her head “you're just my sister, it's not important.” she said ironically and then went up to her room, leaving me alone with her.

“Do you have something to say too?” She looked at me, with a look that sincerely scared me.

“I don't.”

Then I saw that Lauren noticed that I was scared, when her eyes became less intense.

“I did it again, didn't I?” she asked in a sigh.

“You did what?”

“I scared you.” She said finally “i'm sorry.”

Sorry? She really was drugged.

“Truth being told yes, but all good.” I answered

“Are you sleepy?” she asked, throwing the control.

“A little” I admitted, sitting on another couch.

“Hey, I don't bite.” she said and placed her hands up, as if she was surrendering.

I don't know if I should say this, but she is more friendly than when she is sober.

“I know.”I faked a smile, which Lauren gave back, without showing her teeth, something quick.

“You answered me yet” she said suddenly, leaving me confused.

“I haven't answered what?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“If germs makes you sick. Taylor won't let you talk.” she answered

“Does that matter?” I asked back.

“Who knows... ” she shrugged

“I'm not asking you if you already had sex.” she said, completing her sentence at once, “it's not that I care if you want to answer that” she then bit her lower lip
“only if you hate germs.” she made a funny face “but if you feel uncomfortable to answer, don't do it.”

“No, I just do not understand why you want to know.” I said sincerely.

“I'm just curious” she lifted her shoulders, again “sometimes I think that my sister does, she always says ‘don't touch me’ ” she said laughing

“Oh, I understand”... I looking at her

The truth is I don't understand, I was never so confused. Did she had to be sl drugged to have a direct conversation with me?