36. infected

36. infected

 infected

QUINN

    'CAREFUL OUT THERE,' RICK'S VOICE echoed through the morning air.

Quinn turned away from Michonne, seeing the man and his son walking towards the garden. It was early in the morning, almost everyone was still asleep. Quinn had come out of bed early to say goodbye to Michonne, who was walking with her horse up to the gate.

Her friend was going out looking for the Governor again, although she told everyone she was just looking for supplies. After their conversation from last night Quinn felt slightly more at ease with her leaving but still not comfortable enough to not feel any nerves watching her friend get ready to leave.

'Always am,' Michonne replied. 'Any requests? Books? Comics? Some stale M&Ms?'

'You're the one who likes stale M&Ms,' Carl chuckled.

'Then I'll definitely be looking for some,' Michonne said, then threw a glare at Rick. 'I'll look for some stuff you like too.'

A small smile appeared on Quinn's face upon seeing Rick trying his hardest to ignore her comment.

'Why don't you wear your hat anymore?' Michonne suddenly asked Carl.

'It's not a farming hat,' Carl replied. 'See you soon?'

'Pretty soon.'

Shaking her head Quinn walked up to the rope that hung next to the gate, pulling at it so the rusty red doors would open. Michonne jumped on her horse, steadily placing herself in the saddle. Throwing one last look at Quinn, she smiled. 'I'll bring some of that soap you like.'

'Yes please,' Quinn replied, offering Michonne a teasing smile.

Then, on Michonne's sign, the horse galloped forwards and Quinn closed the gate behind her friend. Sighing she stared at the closed doors before turning around. Her eyes went around the field, spotting Carl and Rick over by the pigs. Smiling at the sight of father and son farming together she started making her way back towards the courtyard when suddenly a dimmed gunshot sounded from inside the prison.

Without even thinking she started to run towards the gate, her heart beating fast in her chest.

'Cell blocks?' Maggie yelled from the guardtower.