Hold Your Hand

Everyone were already out the doors and returning to each of their houses—alive and with intact limbs. Before they allowed themselves to rest easy and sigh of relief.

That was the scariest Casimir had been for a while now.

The more wordy he was, the more they felt his oppressive anger overwhelming them to the point they were drenched with sweat and tears and unconsciously trembling in fear.

Although they didn't know who the culprit was after all, they were sure that black-hearted prince won't ever let this incident go. Since it specifically involved his woman.

...

Casimir went back to Adira's side. She was temporarily at the farthest end room of the East wing of the palace. And no, he didn't mean to arrange it like that so no one disturbs them—Okay yeah, he did arrange it like that.

But partly because they had to secretly bring Heise when Lyfa came over. Heise was throwing a bit of a tantrum—probably feeling his mother's discomfort or the disturbance in her mana.

He even meant to just let her rest in his room but rules and circumstances would not allow that and he doesn't want to paint a bad impression on his soon-to-be parents.

He remembered she wanted to meet that person to ask why he/she drugged her with an aphrodisiac. So he came to report to her.

Knocking gently, he pushed the door open as soon as he heard her acknowledging voice and found her leaning against Heise for coolness in front of the fireplace for a little bit of warmth.

She had already changed into more comfortable clothes and let her hair fall in natural waves, looking so soft and homey. Like a wife waiting for her husband to return home.

And, upon seeing her weak figure, he decided to put it off for awhile.

"How are you?"

"Mm. Better. Heise's scales are very cold tonight and he's very perfect." Adira answered and snuggled closer to Heise, which was to the latter's absolute happiness.

"They say I'm cold." He subtly inserted and sat close to her while keeping his icy platinum orbs on her.

Adira giggled cutely and smiled brightly.

Was she really getting better? Why is she a hell lot more beguiling?

She slightly turned her body and opened her arms to receive him. She's been with Casimir for a long time that she can guess what he wants more often than not.

Brightening up at Adira's gesture, Casimir slowly shuffled closer to take her in his arms gently. Of course, he must not look too eager!

"Mm. Casey's warm not cold. Those people are lying."

And Casimir believed that. Whatever comes out of her pretty little mouth was his only truth.

"I can cast ice magic." He reminded her, though it wasn't needed, and Adira only shook her head. Casimir's temperature was perfect for her.

Or was it the person himself?

"Did you find the person?" Adira cautiously asked. She knew that asking about this incident would upset the great demon lord. She could clearly see it when he stepped into her temporary room.

But, she needs to know. She has this gut feeling that this incident wasn't all that it seems at the surface.

And true to her expectations, the temperature in the room dropped a few degrees after she mentioned it. Casimir was upset and his whole being was austere.