- 30 -

CHAPTER 30

The next few days, you and Chat continued to adapt to your new 'friends with benefits' relationship. The two of you had grown quite close and he had gotten even more flirtier.

"So, how's Chat Noir Y/n?" Alya asked you, as you took a bite of the chicken wrap in your hands at the lunch table. You and Marinette coughed, surprised by the question. Alya let out a snicker. You never told her about Chat. It was too risky. Had she figured it out?

"He's fine. Thanks for asking." You sassed.

"Damn right he is, have you seen the dude? He's ripped!" Alya dreamily smiled as she looked up at nothing in particular. You narrowed your eyes.

"Back off." You growled. Alya let out a small laugh as she reached onto Marinette lunch tray and took her pineapple slices.

"Hey! I was gonna eat those!"

"Oh really? So am I!"

"You're so ugh!"

"Awe, love you too~"

You laughed at the girls as they fought for dominance over the tiny container of pineapples slices. You turned your sight over to the other side of the cafeteria and met eyes with Adrien.

He had a smile on his face, like he enjoyed seeing the girls arguing and waved at you. You gave him a small smile, waving back. Adrien turned back to Nino and proceeded to have a conversation with him.

You turned back to Alya and Marinette, who were staring at you. Marinette, opened the container of pineapple slices and took a bite as she kept her eyes on you.

"I see you won the pineapples." You told her, pointing at the food. Marinette swallowed her food and pointed the spoon towards you.

"And I see you and Adrien," She replied. You stuck your tongue out at her before the bell sounded off.

"Finally, last period." Alya sighed, throwing Marinette's tray away as the bluenette caught up with Alya and yourself.

"Honestly, mood."

✰ ✰ ✰

You waved Nino and Alya a goodbye as you walked out of the school. Marinette had left school during last period for absolutely no reason so you were walking alone today.

As you walked, a car pulled up besides you. The window rolled down and you saw Nathaniel.

"Hey Y/n, you headed somewhere?" He asked. You turned away from him.

"I have nothing to say to you." You said. Nathaniel clicked his tongue in disappointment.

"Look I'm sorry. Really. I didn't mean to cheat on Marinette, it just happened. I regret it, but she's her own person and i accept that she's happy. I've always wished her the best and i'm happy for her." Nathaniel shrugged as you listened. You sighed.

"Listen Nathaniel. You cheated on her. With a downgrade. Marinette is gorgeous. Sabrina is pretty but she isn't any level close to Mari. You and I both know that." You crossed your arms and continued to walk as Nathaniel slowly drove along with you.

"I get it." He said. You gave him a small smile.

"I'll tell her what you said though." You told him. Nathaniel's back straightened as his cheeks curled into a smile.

"Thank you."

You nodded, accepting his words.

"Of course."