3:Numb To It All

Niara Verano

2:45pm June 10 2019

"So how do you feel today". My therapist asked as she sat across me.

"Well I..um I had an anxiety attack....again and every one saw the news of my mom and she's trying to take me to jail after 9 years cause I'm legal now". I sighed.

"I'm very sorry to hear that...but how do you feel about your mom"?

"Well I'm so mad I want to go to the rehab just to beat her up..but she saved me from my dad'. I sighed again.

"Hmm what about your  parents have you heard from them lately"?

"Well my dad has cancer and my mom's still in a coma". I fought the urge to cry I loved my foster parents there were so nice to me even though their almost 90 now and took me in their home and treated me as their own. They gave me good care and were so supportive they got me everything I wanted and without them I'll be dead.

" How do you feel about your parents fighting for life"? She asked.

"I'm devastated but with Kiala I'll get through it". I said wiping a stray tear.

"Well that's it for today's session. " You've really improved since all those years and I think you should find someone to make you happy...I know you have Kiala but find someone who you can love and trust me having a partner would really help you don't remember the past focus on the future".

"You're right but I'm still training myself to be fond of men at this point I wish I was numb to all of this".

"It might feel like that sometimes but don't worry it gets better".

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

After my appointment I got some chick fila and headed to my the rest of my classes for the day. At 5:00 I finished my classes and headed home but then I got a text message.

Unknown:

 Hey it's Kordell making sure I got the right number. 5:23

Me:

 Wrong number. 5:24

See here's the thing I still don't like Kordell but he was kind of growing on me and the only way to get rid of him is to act like I he isn't affecting me so I can break his heart but I don't know how long it will last so lets see how this goes.

Me:

Im playin withchu. 🤣 5:26

Kordell: 

It's gonna take a lot more than that to get rid of me sweetheart.😉 5:27

Me:

Who tf is sweetheart my name is Niara. 5:28

See he's already making me mad

Kordell:

And my name's Kordell yet all the girls call me Big Daddy so what's your point? 5:29

Me:

Lmao you could only wish. 5:30

Kordell:

other way around 😉 sweetheart. 5:31

Kordell: 

So for the date ,I'm free this Friday. I'll pick you up at 5:30. Dress formal. 5:31

Me:

were are we going? 5:32

Kordell: 

It's a secret. 5:33

Me: 

bro how do I know you not going kill me. 5:34

Kordell: 

Yo im not your bro and you can trust me baby girl. 5:35

Me:

Ok BRO but if anything happens to me Kiala's gonna kill you.5:36

Kordell: 

Niara im not your fucking bro. 5:37

I bursted out laughing

Kordell: 

She's not gonna have reason to. 5:37

I laughed then put my phone down and slipped into the shower. Since it was only 6:00 I wanted to go out to the mall so I called Kiala and she said she'll pick me up at 6:30 so I put on some ripped jeans, a white tube top and a jean jacket then wore some sneakers.

 Since it was only 6:00 I wanted to go out to the mall so I called Kiala and she said she'll pick me up at 6:30 so I put on some ripped jeans, a white tube top and a jean jacket then wore some sneakers

10 mins later Kiala pulled up into my drive way and I walked out. We then went to Forever 21 first.

"Ouu girl do you like this"? I said holding up a black strapped up dress. 

"Yea it's nice try it on". Kiala said as I made my way to the dressing room.

In the dressing room I saw a girl crying softly. Making my way over to her I decided to ask her what's wrong.

"Hey are you ok "?I asked the light skinned girl.

"No I just found out my baby's father got in a car accident". She cried even more.

"Omg I'm so sorry to hear that...is he okay? I asked with concern.

"Yea he's fine it's just...I'm scared because the accident could have gotten worst...like I would never be able to raise a baby without Marcus". She said and my heart immediately sunk.

"Ma..Marcus...whats his last name"? I asked in fear he might be alive.

"Marcus Denivile". She said in confusion.

Holy shit Marcus is still alive what the actual fuck.

"Um..I..I have to go can you please  give me your number I need to stay in touch". I said in shock I was getting dizzy and need to get to Kiala so I don't pass out.

She wrote her phone number on a peace of paper and I left .I found Kiala holding up a gold dress with a slit on the side and she was paying for it. I waited for her to finish up.

" Did you try on the dress I bought something it's really cute". She smiled.

"Marcus is still alive". I said.

"WHAT THE FUCK. She yelled and everyone looked at us.