Soulmate au 2

i have seen this idea on AO3 and i really liked it so i wanted to do something like that.

Everyone has the first words their soulmate are going to say to them when they are going to meet on their forearm. When they meet, the mark starts to glow. But why doesn't Eddie have one?

His friends tried to help research about soulmates in which one of them haven't got the mark, but all they could find it was that the other was dead. That kicked Eddie into depression. The losers tried to cheer him up, but how could they? They couldn't imagine losing their significant other. When they were hanging out, Benverly tried not to make Eddie cry after his soulmate by not staying near each other and Stenbrough by not touching too much.

A few years went by, Eddie started to accept the fact that he didn't have a soulmate. But that didn't stop him from being jealous of the other, or crying himself to sleep asking the universe why they did that to him. 

It was the start of the senior year. Finally, the last year where he would have to stay with his mother. She was always saying that she was so happy that Eddie didn't have a soulmate so he could live with her. The first time she said that, he knew he had to get away from her as quickly as he could: after his 18th birthday.

The first day of school. He and the rest of the losers met up at the Quarry and biked to school together. Even though they have cars, they decided that because it's their last year , they would bike for the sake of old times. In Eddie's first class were Ben and Mike. They made their way to History and arrived just in time for the bell to ring signaling the start of the class.

Fifteen minutes in, and Eddie was already bored. He was looking out the window at the autumnal trees when the classroom door opened. The principal entered and all the people greeted him.

"Edward Kaspbrak? Will you come with me please?"

All the eyes were on Eddie and Ben and Mike were changing glances asking what was going on. Eddie, a bit confused, packed his things and hurried out of the classroom. They start walking down the hallway.

"I'm sorry if i startled you Edward, but we have a new kid and i would like for you to show him around."

"Um, of course sir."

"I have to go back to my office, but his waiting for you at the front doors. Have a good day, Edward."

"Thank you, sir. You too."

The principal glanced at him one more time before walking away in the opposite direction. He started walking towards the front doors. In the distance, he could see a tall boy, with a mop of black curls on his head, dressed in a Hawaiian shirt over a long sleeved shirt and jeans. He was looking out the glass doors at the front gates. It was like he didn't hear Eddie walking down the hallway, too caught up in his own bubble. When Eddie was by his side, that's when he finally said something to the boy.

"Hi! I'm Eddie. I'm going to show you around."

The boy turned his head with wide eyes and smiled brightly. He signed something, but Eddie couldn't understand. What was with this boy? When the taller one saw his confusion, he lifted his shirt sleeve and showed Eddie his mark. It was glowing, but how was it possible? Eddie looked at his own arm and saw that it was glowing too. "What the fuck?" Eddie said confused watching the glow slowly fade from his markless arm. When he looked up at the boy, he was writing on a piece of paper. Than, with a huge smile, gave it to Eddie. "I'm Richie! Nice to meet you my love!"

"Wh- What??" Realization hit Eddie "You're mute! That's why i didn't have a mark! I have a soulmate!" He exclaimed looking happily at Richie.

"Come on. I will show you around and at lunch we will talk more, is that fine!"

Richie nodded, still having the smile on his face. Eddie guided him throughout the school and showed him all his classrooms , the library, the nurse's office, the principal office, the cafeteria and so on.

Later that day, at lunch, he found Richie and guided him to the Losers table where everyone was already seated. They looked confused at the taller boy, but before they could ask, Eddie started talking.

"This is Richie. He is new and the principal asked me to show him around. He is mute so i was hoping that Stan will help us translate what he signs?"

"I will try Eddie".

The losers looked at the way Eddie was smiling so brightly. What happened? They exchanged glances, silently asking one another for someone to speak up. Eventually, Bill spoke

"Why are y-y-you s-s-so happy, E-E-Eddie?"

"Oh right! i forgot to tell you. Richie is my soulmate!"

Everyone just stared at Eddie with pure confusion, until someone finally realized.

"He's mute! He can't talk and that's why you don't have a mark!" Mike finally said.

Everyone understood and were so happy for Eddie. He won't be crying anymore that's for sure.

From that day on, Eddie will always write with a pen Richie's first words on his forearm, until he became 18 and tattooed them permanently on his skin.