Chapter 15

Hey guys!

Sorry for the editing and grammar mistakes!

Please vote and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 15

        Tate had to get up early for classes next morning, not that I was complaining. When he woke up and found me in his room, it was like a tidal wave of apologies had slammed against my ears. It took all my strength to shove him out of the bed so he could get ready. He and Luce left quickly after that, but not before he apologized at least four more times.

        I didn't know how long I laid there in his bed, just staring up at the ceiling and thinking. It didn't cross my mind to get up and start my day, or go back to my room, or even check my phone to see if Dad called. I just wanted to lay there... until the door bell rang two hours later.

        I pulled myself groggily to my feet and hobbled back to my room where I threw my rats nest hair into a quick bun. I don't know what, but something inside of me already knew who was at the door. It was like I could feel his mere presence alone, and I loved it.

        I quickly threw on my Supernatural pajama pants Luce bought me for my birthday and threw Rex's jacket over my giant t-shirt. I don't know why really, it wasn't cold in my house. I guess he just always seemed so... at ease, whenever I wore it, and to tell you the truth I did too.

        "Hey." I couldn't help the goofy smile that spread across my face at the sight of him. He was leaning lazy against the door frame, his hands in his pockets and his dark aviators sunglasses hung casually over his eyes.

        "Hey." He gave me a small smile as I stepped back and gestured him inside, but I noticed how the action made him wince.

        "Are you okay?" I could tell my voice was worried as I closed the door behind us, so I'm sure he did to.

        "Yeah, Roza. Why wouldn't I be?" He didn't turn around to face me as he headed for the stairs, his hands still snug in his pockets and his glasses still hanging over his eyes.

        "I don't know, you just seem... off."

        "I'm fine Roza, I promise." He didn't wait for me at the bottom of the stairs like he usually did, instead he just started the short trek up them.

        "Rex wait!" I made sure to lock the door before hurrying after him. He paused on the steps and waited for me to catch up, but he kept his face pointed away from me.

        He was acting weird...

        "T', are you sure there's nothing wrong?" I asked carefully. I didn't think he would get mad at me like before, but I wasn't going to take any chances.

        I felt him pause on the stairs, a heavy sigh escaping him. I turned to face him and stared with wide eyes as he reluctantly pushed his sunglasses up.

        I gasped and the gut wrenching feeling in my stomach couldn't be helped. Rex's right eye was swollen shut, and the purple/black bruise that surrounded it didn't look so good.

        My hands flew up to my mouth in horror, "Oh God..."

        "It's not as bad as it looks, Roza." Rex quickly went to reassure me as horror overtook my face.

        "Not bad! Rex! You have a black eye!" I gasped, but apparently that wasn't the rest of it.

        "And a few bruised bones."