Chapter 44

Cassie Davis
8:30am
It was about 8:15am by the time we finally reached the ski resort and 8:25am before we could find our cabin. I saw Lisa's car parked in the distance on the side of the cabin. Saint and I looked at each other.

"Lisa parents went all out huh?" He smiled as we walked up the pathway.

"I know right. Private suite, with a free ski day for four?!" I squealed.

"My pops gave me key chain for my 18th." Saint laughed.

"Oh jeez." I laughed along. "Well she told me she's only getting this because they skipped her sweet 16 so of course they went all out."

Saint nodded in realization as we approached the front of the house with all of our things. Minus our ski gear that was packed away in the trunk of his car.

I did the honor of ringing the doorbell. Soon after, I heard the footsteps of someone coming towards the door. It swung open letting an abundance of warmth out and coldness in.

"Hi Cassie." Lisa's mother smiled opening her arms for a hug.

"Hi?" I smiled awkwardly hugging her.

"And this must be Saint." She smiled, giving Saint a small hug too.

"Y-yeah. I'm Saint." He stuttered a little surprised as well.

"Don't worry, Lisa's dad and I were just leaving. We were just making sure y'all were situated and had everything y'all needed for this lil get together." Lisa's mom explained.

"Ohhhh" I said in realization. It was a relief. I ain't want my best friends parents blowing us the whole time. They probably would've spazzed even if they saw Saints hand lay on my thigh.

Saint and I walked into the house. There sat Lisa and Keone in separate areas of the living room. We left our suitcases at the door, joining our friends in the living room. There was an electric fire place with a flat screen tv above projecting a fake fire.

I took a seat next to Lisa and Saint took a next to Keone. We both took off our coats and put it to the side.

Both of Lisa's parents entered the room fully clothed in their coats and other winter accessories.

"Okay now that y'all are all here I just wanna discuss a few things before we leave." Lisa's mom announced.

We all tuned into what she about to say. I was just hoping it wasn't nothing crazy.

"Cassie and Lisa, y'all share a room and the same goes for Saint and Keone. Other than that, y'all free to do whatever." She explained.

We all nodded our head in agreement.

"Okay well...see y'all later." She spoke, leaving the cabin with Lisa's father.

"Bye." Saint, Keone, and I said in unison waving at them.

"See you guys later." Lisa smiled, locking the door behind them.

She turned back around entering the living room.

"Lisa, I really can't share a room with Cass?" Saint asked.