22. "The God of bulbs, man. Bulbs!"

"What are you doing here? Can you even leave the underworld? Is Cerberus fine? How is Hades? Is Arian throwing a punch better by now?"

Ansel frowned. "Cerberus comes before Hades?"

I shrugged as I removed a beer from the fridge and placed it on the counter beside him.

"Everybody is fine. A little mad that you left without saying a word - " he replied.

"I didn't really get a word," I muttered.

" - and as for why I am here, I was leaving the underworld anyway to attend the dinner...so I thought I would come and meet you."

"I thought nobody knew where I was," I muttered as I jumped onto the counter beside Ansel.

"Hades did. He didn't come to visit you?" Ansel asked. I took a swig of his beer in response. Ansel's mouth turned to a small 'o'.

"By the way, there is something I need to talk to you about." I began slowly. Ansel was the only one, that I knew, who had already seen my past. He was the one person that I could talk to and figure out if I was being reasonable or if I was just being batshit crazy.

"I think I know what it is," Ansel said slowly. I kept quiet trying to control my breathing. My heart was not having a good night.

Ansel turned to look at me with a face of slight disgust but acceptance. "You are ... Apollo's girlfriend."

I let out an 'ugh' as I looked away. "Seriously? That was your big discovery? You saw him kiss me like a minute ago."

"Wait, you have something worse than that to tell me? Me? The guy who has shipped you with Hades more than anyone?" Ansel asked. "The God of bulbs, man. Bulbs!"

"No one else shipped me with Hades and Apollo isn't the God of bulbs." I corrected biting my lip. "And yes... it's way worse."

Ansel jumped off the counter and stood in front of me. "Illiana Eliza James, there is nothing you could say that will make me stop loving you. I love you so much and you're the bloody best friend I have ever had - don't tell Hades I said that - So whatever it is that you need to tell me, trust me...this is a safe zone."

I blinked in confusion. "What?"

Ansel sighed. "Just fucking tell me."

"That I understood," I replied. "All that lovey-dovey crap isn't really me."

Ansel took a deep breath. "Just tell me!"

"Right," I replied trying to figure out the right sentence to break the news. "Uh so basically....you've seen my past...you know I grew up on my own...and I've never met my parents...and I didn't have siblings...so I just grew up with my stepfather, ...who I killed..."

"Get to the point, Illiana."

"How about I do it for her?" Ansel turned around as I looked up at the person who walked into the room.

With curly brown hair and a formal tux, he would have easily passed as any other rich snob going out for dinner if he didn't have a sword and a helmet in one hand and a shield in the other.

For those of you trying to picture that, don't. It's just plain weird.

"Ares," Ansel said through gritted teeth.

Ares, the God of war, ignored him and Apollo, who was standing behind him completely confused as to why Ares had visited them in the tiny apartment. But I knew why.

Ares looked straight at me, his eyes flickering red and orange like there was a fire inside. "Illiana is my daughter."

Hope you liked it!Vote and comment :)

Hope you liked it!
Vote and comment :)

A place for you to rant →