that's us.

hi this is dedicated to my girl, reg, te quiero mucho mi pendeja <3

~~~

He sobbed into her chest unceasingly, hands clutching at her sweatshirt. She held him in silence. Her fingers running through his hair, rocking him slowly as their cries filled her bedroom. Their tears were silent, the small buds dribbling down their lips as they pressed them together - his soft lips trembling against hers, the taste of her lips making the tears roll down heavily.

Kaycee muffled her cries into his chest, inhaling sharply as his lips connected to the side of her neck, his hand tracing over the purple marks that were beginning to fade. His lips lingered against her porcelain skin, tingling as his fingertips caressed her bottom lip.

Her eyes shifted to the side, glossing over with tears as he pulled gently on her chin, forcing her to meet his gaze. "You promised this would never happen." Kaycee's voice cracked, biting down on her lip, a metallic taste in her mouth as she rested her forehead against his. "It wasn't supposed to be like this, we were supposed to last."

"We tried." He mustered out, trying his hardest to speak without breaking down.

"I think you should go." Kaycee whispered, untangling herself from his grasp, watching as he nodded - tears glossing his eyes as he placed his belongings into his bag, ignoring the sounds of her cries as he placed a kiss to her lips, his hand tangling into her hair as he felt her warm tears spill onto his cheeks.

"We should've known this wasn't going to work." Sean said, his lip quivering as he tried to hold back any sound trying to leave his lips. "We ruined everything, our friendship, our partnership, nothing is going to be the same."

"What are you trying to say?"

"This is goodbye, Kayc." He opened his mouth to continue, but the words weren't coming out, the words digging in the back of his head like a drill going through his skull. Sean felt his final thread of happiness, ripping, falling to the floor as he met her eyes, finally finding the words. "I think its best if we don't see each other again."

Her teeth dug into her lip, nodding her head as he pressed a kiss to her temple. "Im sorry, Sean."

"I am too." He threw his back over his shoulder, making his way to the front door as he waved to her family, ignoring their looks of concern as they watched him look back to Kaycee, her eyes wet with tears as she watched him open the front door. "I loved you, Kaycee Rice, I'm so sorry it had to end like this."

She watched from the window, as he stepped into the car, watching as her best friend, partner, and lover walked away. Walked away from her, from them.

Kaycee didn't realize that she had ran out, falling down the driveway as she watched his car disappear around the corner.

Sean didn't believe in heartbreak, until he experienced it himself, until he watched her fall to her knees as he drove away. He wanted to turn around, he wanted to pull her into his arms and tell her that everything was going to be okay, but he couldn't tell her that because he didn't know if things were going to be okay.

Kaycee was 20 years old, she's been in breakups before, but nothing like this. This wasn't like a regular heartbreak, because she didn't just loose her lover, she lost her partner; her best friend.

She was grieving. He didn't die, but everything they had did.

Kaycee thought she could handle the pain, the fall.  Sean thought he could take it all, for worse, or better.

but they're wrong.

Kaycee spent long nights on her balcony, her hand silencing the sound of her body shutting down, loosing complete control as the tears rolled freely down her cheeks - the feeling similar to his kisses, sweet and gentle, comforting in indescribable ways. She pulled her knees into her chest, resting her chin against her leg as she watched the dark night fade away, the gold rays warm against her skin as she gazed out into the sky - the moon still smiling down on her as she watched her take her phone out, tears wetting her phone as her finger hovered over his number.

Meanwhile, Sean got into his car, arriving to her house in a few minutes, all the cars gone except for hers. His knuckles knocked against the door, his heart racing as she heard shuffling from the other side. His eyes glossed with tears just from hearing her voice, seeing that her eyes were dark and tired like his.

"Sean, what are you doing here?"

His lip quivered as he walked over to him, his hands finding their place at the side of her face. "I'll leave if you ask me to, but I had to see you. I had to feel you, just one more time."

Without saying anything, his hands traveled to her waist, a small smile tugging at the ends of his mouth as her fingers danced across his jaw. Sean's lips gently grazed hers, a whimper slipping her lips as he closed the door with his foot - pushing Kaycee against it as he took her pale skin in between his teeth. He led her up the stairs, lust igniting in their eyes as they closed the door behind them.

She wrapped her legs around his waist, panting as he pressed her against his sheets. His lips traveled across her skin, his eyes glued on hers the entire time. They knew it was wrong, but their name slipping from the others lips was enough to make them forget.

Their clothes fell to the floor, the room full with tension as their moans filled the room. Everything said a few days ago completely slipping their mind as they soaked in the warmth of their skin against each other.

Sean fell beside her, panting as he draped the thin sheet over their naked bodies. Kaycee hummed sweetly as he pressed a gentle kiss to her lips, smiling as he watched her melt into his arms. She traced small shapes on his chest, her lips falling into a straight line.

He knew her like the back of his hand, he could tell something was off. He placed his hand at the side of her face, cupping her cheek after moving a strand of curls behind her ear. "Are you okay, Angel?"

Ignoring his gaze, she buried her face into his chest. He felt the wet drops against his skin, holding her tightly as her body trembled in his arms. Sean just held her, his fingers swiping away the tears that dribbled down her swollen lips. "It's going to be okay, we're going to be okay."

"How do you know?"

"We always get through things, that's us." He found her hand, intertwining their fingers as he placed them over his heart. "Now close your eyes, and get some sleep."

"I can't." Kaycee whimpered, lowering her voice as she ran her fingers through his hair. "because when I wake up, you'll be gone."

He pressed his lips to her forehead, releasing a shaky breath. "Just close your eyes, Kaycee."

"I will, only if you promise me that when I wake up you'll be here."

Sean gave her a small smile, pressing his lips to her fingertips. "I promise."

Kaycee smiled, nuzzling into his arms, finally closing her eyes and letting herself let go. Sean laid beside her, watching as her breathing slowed, finally falling asleep.

He slipped from her grasp, tears starting to blur his vision as he pulled his shirt over his head. Sean placed the covers up to her chest, pressing his lips to her cheek as he quietly shut the door to her bedroom.

He couldn't leave knowing she was watching, not again.

"We wouldn't have made it." Sean repeated as he got into his car, breaking his promise as he reversed out of her driveway - heading down the empty street as he wiped the tears from his cheeks.

"I guess that's love."