Chapter 26

"Grouchy old hag..." you grumbled to yourself, kicking up rocks along the sidewalk.

You were on your way to the souvenir shop in hopes of reconciling with Soon-ja. Despite the fact your chances seemed bleak.

God that woman can hold a grudge...

After you had woke up to the note from Tae, you had no idea what to do with yourself.

Your usual routine of working at the shop and swimming in the ocean kept you pretty busy most of the time, never having much time to get bored.

But now you had neither, and the lack of things to do was making you go stir-crazy.

You sent a quick text to Taehyung that you had gotten his note, and that you miss him. All the gross lovey-dovey type stuff you might usually text to your boyfriend.

Except...

Was he your boyfriend?

What even are we...

I mean you've never actually talked about that. He kind of just started calling you Jagiya and that was that.

Just another uncomfortable thing to put on my to-do list....

You made your way down the path to the shop, the big closed sign in the window catching your eye before you could even get close to the door.

Closed?

But she never closes this early....

The old hag would show up to work with a broken hip if it meant extra money....

You walked up to the door, peering inside curiously, looking to see if the staff room light was on. At least some indication of life inside the old store.

Nothing...

Where the hell is she? 

You pulled your phone out of your pocket, taking a deep breath before dialing Soon-ja's home phone number.

Ring

Ring

Ring

....

"This is Soon-ja, I'm not available to receive your call, please leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Unless this is Y/N and in that case BUGGER OFF!"

...

BEEP

You ended the call, resisting the urge to throw your phone to the pavement.

"What a petty old woman" you groaned in disbelief.

As if she just changed her answering machine just to insult me.

You mentally wracked your brain in hopes of remembering where she lived. At least if she saw you it would give you time to try and explain...