Chapter Thirteen

Wall Sina

"Trost has been breached, they're fighting to the very last man..."

"I heard they even had the cadets fighting."

The very mention of the cadets had the woman interested in the conversation that Lord Reed and the man had. She knew that her daughter was part of the cadets, and for this to happen meant –

She stood up from her seat, knocking over her chair. Lord Reed and the man turned to her.

"What do you think you're doing?" Lord Reed asked.

The woman said nothing and went to the door.

"Walk out that door and your daughter will die." Lord Reed said.

"She'll die in the hands of those Titans if I don't do anything!" The woman said.

"Your brother had spies watching her, making sure that she's alive." Lord Reed said, motioning to the man beside him when he mentioned her brother. "And you forget... she's an Ackerman..."

"THAT DOESN'T MEAN SHE'LL –"

"Ackermans are hard to kill. Take the father of your child as an example..."

"She needs me..." the woman said.

"If you leave this room, I'll send an order to have the spies strip your daughter of her ODM Gear and leave her to die in the streets." Lord Reed said. "And you know that we could send that message this very instant..."

The man – her brother – smirked.

The woman was left no choice but to stay.

~*~

Trost District

"AAAAHHHHH!"

Iris raised her arms over her face before she crashed through the window, she came rolling on the floor and only stopped when she hit the wall.

"Shit..." she groaned as she rubbed her head.

"We made it..." Leon said, chuckling.

Iris looked up and saw her other comrades, but not everyone made it.

"How many of our comrades died under my orders..." Jean said in a whisper.

Iris turned to him.

"You did what you had to." She said. "We can't save everyone –" looking beyond Jean, she saw two cadets hiding under the table, trembling in fear. "You..."

"Hold on a second... you guys are the..." Jean said.

Before he could even finish, Iris came and kicked the table over, scaring the two cadets even more, she grabbed the male cadet and kneed him at the stomach and lets him crumble at the ground. She didn't let him recover when she kicked him again.

"STOP IT!" The female cadet said.

"YOU FUCKING BASTARDS!" Iris grabbed him by the collar of his jacket. "COWARDS! YOU LEFT US ON OUR OWN!" She got out her fist, but before she could punch them, Leon came and pulled her away. "DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY OF US DIED OUT THERE BECAUSE OF YOU?! BASTARDS!"

"IRIS!" Leon got in front of her. "STOP IT!"

"THERE WERE TITANS EVERYWHERE!" The female cadet yelled. "THEY WERE IN THE SUPPLY ROOM, OKAY?!"

"IT WAS YOUR DAMN JOB TO DEAL WITH IT AND BACK US UP ANYWAY!" Jean said as he was about to come after the two but were stopped by Marco.

"HIT THE DECK!"