Chapter 61

** Victoria's POV ***

I hated hospitals.

And even more now, because of the person laying on the hospital bed. And said person didn't seem the least bit bothered by the fact that he's been shot. Jason just laid there with the remote in his hand groaning and complaining about having nothing to watch on tv.

"You look like shit." He said giving me a brief look and all I could do was let out a sigh.

"And you're an idiot, who almost died." I said crossing my arms over my chest. "And I don't look like shit."

"I'm not talking about your appearance, but your expression." He said as his lips turned upward. "And I did not almost die."

I shook my head moving my gaze to the window. It's two days and he's been acting as if he didn't receive two bullets.

I still don't know how things happened. Everything is just a blur to me, all I know is that I was panicking the whole time and I didn't even realized when I called an ambulance or when we got here. I just felt like my brain was on auto pilot.

He was shot and all minds just focused on Kevin, but my mind can't stop visualizing the brief image of blond locks and black coat leaving the parking lot that day. I don't know if it was my mind just playing tricks at me. I don't know if I really saw it, all I know is that I was moving on autopilot that night and that I wasn't myself.

I told Hunter and Sebastian all I knew, including my suspicions on Cindy. All I can do is leave things into their hands. According to them, the person who shot wasn't very precise because of the distance from where Jason. That fact caused them to seriously start considering Cindy.

Hunter explained that Kevin would have known what weapon to use for that distance and how to make it precise and not miss the way Cindy did.

Jason was shot on his arm and another on his side. The latter didn't go as deep as the first to cause significant damage but went deep enough to me.

And it didn't matter who was there anyways, all that mattered was Jason bleeding on the floor. And I reacted according to that.

He could have died.

Someonetried to kill him.

I clenched my teeth as the aching in my chest came back in full force.

"Why are you crying?" Jason's voice was heard in the silent room and I quickly looked away from the window wiping my cheeks.

I looked at him. "I don't know. I was just thinking."

"Come here." He said dropping the remote and beckoning me ever.

I shook my head. "No. You're hurt. I'm fine"

"Come here or I'm coming to you." He said patting the spot beside him.

I sighed heavily before moving to the hospital bed. I sat on it turning my body to face him.

"You cry baby." He muttered before wrapping his good arm around me pulling me closer to him.

"Jason, I don't want to hurt you." I said but he shook his head stopping me.

"I'm fine." He smiled placing a hand on my cheek. "

I let out a breath leaning against his touch closing my eyes. I opened them back after a moment and looked at him placing my hand on his.

"You really scared me."

"Don't worry. I know you can't live without me. So, I don't plan on dying yet." He said and I looked at him to see that arrogant look on his face.