Chapter 38

Status: Updated

***********

Terrence's piercing stare didn't leave me, his boiling fury was palpable. My little finger twitched but I chose to hold my ground and walk away. Just, what sort of a women does Mr.Rodriguez think I am?

I had my morals high. I wouldn't succumb to the energy..the need we share. Its wrong. Lusting after each other is wrong. But why do I always feel that it's more than just lust? More than what we label it. Much more.

It has potential to be more. I questioned about love..but can I do it? Can I love him? No. I cannot love Terrence. I cannot love a stained man like him. I cannot accept his selfishness. I cannot accept his dark ways. I cannot turn a blind eye to all of them.

He is no good. What will be left of me after he has his share? Can I survive it?

"I'm not fucking done!" His yell echoed through the silent house, making my ears bleed and heart pace escalate.

"Terrence, don't make this hard. Don't make space for complications." My shoulders crumble unable to tolerate the energy.

I hear the sound of his authoritative footsteps, loud and clear. Soon enough I find a trail of hot breath near the delicate back skin of my neck. I immediately grow alert.

His hands snake around my waist. He pulls me closer, lips touching my ear lobe making it impossible for me to form a single rational thought.

"Why do you resist me so much Nevaeh? I'm your husband."

His grip was tight enough, making me labour my breaths.

"A husband I don't desire." I reject him, the reject his touch. I reject his right.

"A husband who won't let you go ever" his husky voice reaches my ears making me dread.

"You cannot be serious.." my helpless plea sounded foreign to my own ears. He grabs my wrist and cages me in his arms making me it impossible for me to avoid physical contact. He loves  touching me, and I hate  everything about it.

"When you signed that piece of paper with absolutely no clue of its exploitative repercussions, you had lost your chance. I'm not giving you a choice Nevaeh, I'm merely stating my plans, plans for us."

He turned me around so that I was facing him.

"I'm playing fair, you are the price for Park Enterprises and I have every right to enjoy one."

"Why me!" An aching frustration exploded in my heart like a tornado.

"Despite what world portrays me, I'm a traditional man by heart Nevaeh. I want a wife and a family. I don't fear anyone, you should know that."

His lean strong finger trails down my cheek, feathering a touch.

"You are beautiful. So fucking addictive that I can't help but want  you all to myself. Every time. Every second. I cannot help it, I want you with every fibre in my body. It's impossible to not to want this—

He leaned forward and pecked my lips..

"This..and this.."
His lips plastered themselves on my neck and jaw trailing nonstop. I clutch his shirt in an attempt to push him away but a strange ache prevented me, tortured me into surrendering myself.

"Its a gift, you are my wife." I meet his eyes. Trying to search for something, trying to reassure myself of something.

"There is a lot you need to know about me, I haven't opened up to anyone in my life. I never wanted anything, as much as you. I have never seen someone so selfless like you and I'm a bastard, I want all of your kindness and care selfishly, undoubtedly to myself."