Silent Shadow

Chapter 5: Silent Shadow

~Shadow's "Dream"~
(My version on how Maria Died)
Shadow and Maria were walking down the hallway, talking and laughing away. Everything was just fine, until they heard a gun shot.

"What was that?" Maria asked. Her and Shadow run towards where they heard it. Once they enter the room, Maria's Grandfather; Gerald Robotnik was dead. Maria covered her mouth and was crying. Shadow looked at him in horror. He began growling. "Papa" Maria cried. Shadow felt hot tears come to. From behind, Shadow and Maria were grabbed by men. The two didn't know who they were, until they saw the signiture on their suits. The G.U.N Team. Shadow fought them until they grabbed the bracelets off of his wrists. (At this time, Shadow didn't have any his ankle life bracelets) Weakening Shadow. They force Shadow in a tube and Maria onto the floor.

"Leave her alone!!" Shadow weakly yelled.

"Shadow!" Maria called out "please, at least give him his life bracelets, please" Maria begged. The leader groaned and dropped the bracelets into a hole at the top of Shadow's tube and quickly closed it. Shadow grabbed them and placed them on his wrists. Shadow then had the strength to bang against the glass. That's what he did, he tried his best to break it. One of the men kicked Maria's stomch, keeping her on the floor.

"YOU LEAVE HER ALONE!" Shadow screamed, the men left for a bit to shut down everything else and to find more info about Project Shadow. "Maria! Maria! Maria talk to me!" Shadow cried. Maria took a few deep breaths and looked up at Shadow.

"I'm ok Shadz, i'm ok" Maria slowly stood up and looked at a screen attached to the tube. She walked up to it, and tried to hack it so it would Disable. Almost disabled the sheild, till a shot was fired. Fired right through Maria's hip.

"MARIA!" Shadow cried. Maria fell to the floor, holding where the bullet hole was. Things for her became blurry, and faint. Her head shook as she brought it to look toward Shadow.

"Sh-Shadow? It's... It's gonna be ok, your gonna be ok, just make sure they don't take those rings off, don't let them destroy Mobuis. Promise me you will stop them" Maria placed her hand on the glass, Shadow put his hand in the same place.

"I-I promise" Shadow cried. Hot tears streamed down his cheeks, soaking his fur.

"I-I love you Shadow"

"I*sniff* I love you to" Shadow cried. Maria's hand slowly fell limp. Her body laid lifeless in front of Shadow. "Maria no! You can't leave me your all I have! Please!"

~End Of Nightmare

Shadow jerked up, screaming to the horror of his nightmare. You gasp and woke up. You sat up and looked at Shadow.

"What's wrong Shadow?" You saw the tears coming in streams down his cheeks. His fur in a frenzy, and sweat trickled down his fur.

"N-nothing" he replied. You look at him in worry and put your hand on his back.

"Shadow, it's ok, I'm guessing you had a nightmare?" You asked. Shadow slowly nodded his head. Sonic rushed in to see what was wrong.

"Everything ok?" He asked, you weren't sure wether to nod or shake your head.

"Um, yeah, I just freaked out! Yeah, I thought my...... Chaos emerald was gone, but it's right here! No need to worry" You blocked Shadow's view from Sonic. And you made up an excuse to save Shadow from embarrassment.

"Ok, are you sure?" He asked, you nodded your head and he left the room. Closing the door.

"That was close, you mind telling me about it?" You turn back to Shadow. His breathing slowed a bit, but his fur was still soaked.

"Thanks, but I don't want to" he looked towards you. You nod your head and huged him. Shadow flinched for a second but hugged back. Digging his face into your neck. You ran your fingers through his harmless quills. Calming him down and ended up making him fall asleep instantly.

"Sweet dreams, Shadz" you lay him back down on the bed and go to sleep yourself.

7:24 AM

You woke up in a warm ball. You open your eyes and met with an asleep Shadow. Your hands on his chest and his arms around your torso. You blush and try to get out of his arms without waking him up, but you failed. Shadow opened his eyes and quickly reeled his arms away from you.

"S-sorry" Shadow blushed. You blushed as well, and removed your hands from his chest.

"It's ok, have better luck this time?" You asked, Shadow nodded his head and stood up. "Good, now come on, let's eat some breakfast" The two of you walked out into the living room. Where they were giving you two a smirk.

"Sleep good last night?" Knuckles asked. You and Shadow were confused but nervous at the same time.

"I hope you and Shadow were comfy last night, it was freezing cold in the house when we woke up this morning" Amy gave you the kind of look when you see a female and a male cuddle, kiss, or hug.

"Yeah, we were fine, nice and warm last night" You gave her that nasty shut up look. She held her hands up for surrender.

"Who's hungry?" Tails shouted from the kitchen. You weren't hungry, you wanted to go hide in the shadows to find the G.U.N teams' head quarters to see if you could get any more info.

"Once we finish breakfast we will go out and find them" Sonic stuffed his mouth with Tails's famous chocolate chip pancakes.

"I'm not hungry" you folded your arms and looked out the window. A few minutes later they were done with their food and almost out the door. "You know, it would be a lot easier if we split up into groups while we're out there" you spoke as you and the crew gear up.

"How would we comunitcate?" Sonic asked. Tails looks at the watch on your wrist and remembered the time when they heard you through it.

"Huh, the thing on yours Shadow's wrist, may I see it?" Tails asked. You growled for a second but gave in and handed him yours.

"It's like a tracking device, I only use it when I'm in trouble. Or as an alert and it tracks the call and shows my location on the screen" you explained. Tails looked at it with admiration.

"May I hold this for now, so I can make copies of it for us?" Tails asked for permission.

"Way ahead of ya Little T, here" you tossed one to each of them. And Tails gave you yours back. You placed it back on your wrist and a massive head ache formed. You held your fore head and sat on the couch. It stayed, and wouldn't go away.

"(Y/n)! What's wrong?" Amy knelt down to to you and placed a hand on your back. Shadow looked at you, and immediately knew what was wrong. He walked into the kitchen, grabbed a bottle of water, and a bowl of cooked chicken. He came back to the living room and handed them to you. You took it, took a drink, ate some food; and immediately felt better.

"Thanks" You looked up at him, he nodded and sat down.

"Wow, I have never seen Shadow so helpful" Knuckles whispered to Sonic. Sonic nodded his head in agreement. You took the Chaos Emerald out of your pocket and looked at it.

"Come on guys, let's go find the good for nothing rat bags" you growl.

"Group 1 Sonic Tails and Amy, Group 2 Knuckles and Rouge, then it's me and Shadow, are we clear?" You ask. They all nod their heads and leave the house. "Group one head North, Group two North East, Group three North West, good luck y'all"

Word count: 1335