Chapter 30; Future Queen

Can you believe that we're here? Chapter 30?!? I can't remember the last time that I got this far with a book and it's all thanks to you, my lovelies. I don't think people realise that readers play a massive part in helping an author complete a book. When you have people cheering you on and wanting to read the story that you put your heart and soul into to, it makes it that much easier to write. Anyway, enough with the sappiness. Enjoy!

* * *

Alice was out of the bed before he could blink, her face contorted into a silent snarl. Laying next to a male that wasn't her own sent the beast beneath her skin on edge. It crawled at the back of her mind, hackles raised as Lucien merely laughed.

"I forgot how sensitive you wolves are," he cocked his head to the side, "or should I call you my little demoness?"

Her lips curled back to reveal her sharp teeth but she did not answer. She would have to play it smart with him, in case she angered him and things went south. The thought wasn't appealing in the slightest but it was her job. A task set by the Gods. "I'd prefer Alice," she grunted out.

"Ah, but that would imply that you're nothing more than an ordinary wolf, my little demoness. And I can't have my people thinking that about my bride, can I?" Lucien tutted, the smile on his face widening into a grin. 

Alice's inside froze at his words. Bride. He thought that she was his bride? The urge to laugh threatened to overpower her but she stifled the hysterics, regarding him with cautious eyes. "I don't remember a proposal."

"Is that what you want?" Lucien's eyes lit up, "I can make that happen, my precious. I can go down onto my knees and ask for your hand, with the sky blanketed in stars and your sweet scent curling around me. Is that what you want?" He asked again.

He was crazy. He had to be. Alice eyed him warily as he took a predatory step forward. There was no denying that he was good looking, with blonde hair and sharp features he looked like a cover magazine model. But there was something missing in him. There was a part of Lucien that was not there. Whether it was his sanity or empathy, Alice wasn't sure, but it filled her with an overpowering sense to run. She could see why Hades made Lucien King, even if she now had to fix that mistake. 

Alice knew that she'd have to be careful with how she worded things. There was no telling of his mental state, lest he attacked her and ripped her throat out right then and there. She swallowed the disgust that rolled through her and cocked her head to the side. "I wasn't aware that I was your bride."

Anger flared in his eyes at her words, his eyes glowing red. "You are mine," the snarl vibrated through the room. 

Once again, she bit her tongue to stop the snarl of response. "I came here willingly," she let her voice be soft, soothing. "I came here because I wanted to." Alice wasn't certain whether he saw the hidden meaning behind her words.

The anger dimmed and the smile returned to his face, "you did." Lucien stepped towards her, pressing her against the wall. His nose trailed down her throat and over the pulse that without a doubt skipped a beat at the close proximity. He mistook it for lust as a groan escaped him. Alice held her breath when he tugged her body against his, his face in her neck.

"You smell like him," he growled out against her, "you smell like that young alpha." 

Panic threatened to wedge itself into her throat. "But I am here, with you," she soothed.