💫THIRTY-ONE💫

Clint Barton missed Lex, he truly did and as he fought the robots alone he had the tiniest self doubt that he wouldn't make it back to her. The couple was on good terms but they hadn't seen each other in quite a while. As Clint struggled, Wanda suddenly comes out of the building she was in. Using her powers she destroys them making Clint release a happy sigh, "Alright, we're all clear here."

"We are not clear! We are very not clear!" Steve suddenly yells as he fights.

"Alright, coming to you." Clint says through the comms.Then Pietro speeds in, picks up Wanda and leaves making Clint grumble. "Keep up old man!" Pietro calls out with a laugh. Clint holds his arrow to aim it at Pietro but he was long gone.

"Nobody would know. Nobody. "The last I saw him, when Ultron was sitting on him. Uh...yeah, he'll be missed, that quick little bastard. I miss him already." Clint puts his bow down and starts running.

As Natasha join Steve, Tessa, and Thor battle with the robots, Steve yells at Nat, "Romanoff!" he throws his shield at her so she can use it to protect herself from the attacking robots.

"Thanks." She throws the shield back and heads in Tony's direction.

•••

"The anti-gravs are rigged to flip. Touch 'em, they'll go full reverse thrust. The city's not coming down slow." FRIDAY said to Tony.

"The spire's Vibranium. If I get Thor to hit it..." he asks FRIDAY
"It'll crack, but that's not enough, the impact would still be devastating."

"Maybe if we cap the other end, keep the atomic action doubling back." Tony suggests.

"That could vaporize the city, and everyone on it."

"The next wave's gonna hit any minute. What have you got, Stark?" Steve's voice echoes through the comms.

"Well, nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear." Tony sighed.

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan."
"East Steve..." Tessa warned.
"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're going to have to make a choice." Tony explained.

"Cap, these people are going nowhere. If Stark finds a way to blow this rock..." Nat says through the comms.

"Not 'til everyone's safe." Steve replies.
"No shit Sherlock! That's the plan isn't it, always save the people?"
"Yeah no shit Tessa!" Tony snorts.

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there." Natasha shook her head.

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it." Steve stands his ground.
"Get everyone off, I'll stay. The explosion won't kill me." Tessa turns to Steve.

"I didn't say we should leave" Nat looks at Steve who turns and looks at her.
"There's worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?"
"Don't say that Nat.. lets blow this thing up. I can te-"
"No Tessa you are not staying." Thor cut Tessa off.
"But I can help!"
"No. I'm not losing you to stupidity."
"Thor.." Tessa growled.

Before the two could argue anymore a voice breaks into the comms.
"Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better."

Just then a Helicarrier shows up in front of the group.
"Nice, right? I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."
Nick Fury said with smirk.

"Fury, you son of a bitch." Steve smiles.
"Oooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?"
"Damn right he does Fury!" Tessa smirks.

"Altitude is eighteen thousand and climbing." Maria Hill's voice breaks through the comms.
"That's not good.." Tessa sighs.

"Lifeboats secure to deploy. Disengage in three, two...take 'em out." An Agent speaks as the group watches  the lifeboats fly in towards them.

"This is SHIELD?" Pietro asks Steve in slight awe.

"This is what SHIELD's supposed to be." Steve smiles at the kid.

"This is not so bad." Pietro smirks while starring at the Helicarriers.

"Let's load 'em up."
"Yee haw boys!" Tessa hollers.

"Sir, we have multiple bogies converging on our starboard flank." Maria Hill says through the comms to Fury.

"Show 'em what we got." He replies.

"You're up." Maria says to Rhodes as he shows up in his War Machine suit and blasts one of the robots.

"Yes! Now this is gonna be a good story." He exclaims with energy.

"Yep. If you live to tell it." Tony pipes in.

"You think I can't hold my own?"

"We get through this, I'll hold your own." Tony nudges Rhodey.

"You had to make it weird."
"You guys yap like an old married couple..." Tessa snorts. "But I still think you Tony have something going on with Steve."
"That's it." Tony blasts Tessa off the edge of the floating city.

Plummeting to the ground everyone can just hear laughter as Tessa falls. She activates her flying and heads back up to the floating city.

Smacking Tony on the head of His Iron Man suit he glares at Tessa who just has the biggest smile on her face.

"I deserve that."
"Yes, Tessa. Yes you do." Steve shakes his head at the white/ blue haired being.

Landing on the rock next to Pietro, Tessa just smiles at the boy.
"After this I'm gonna find you a date. Girls love accents."
"Works for me." The silver haired boy laughed.