+ 22

park jimin's pov

i turned my head quickly when the food arrived, i looked up to see chanhee looking excited to eat. i pursed my lips to stop myself from smiling.

i grabbed the utensil until my phone rang.

i looked at the caller id and groaned, seeing a random number. i turned it off.

"who is it?" chanhee asked.

i shook my head and smiled at her, "nothing."

we continued eating until we heard her phone rang, she picked it up and saw an unknown number as well. she quickly answered it.

"hello?" i stopped eating and looked at her, "mister kim taehyung?"

her eyes widened at first before giving me her phone, i gave her a confused face.

"hello? why?" i asked, trying not to groan for interrupting our dinner. 

"why didn't you answer?!" i heard him panting.

"was it you? the unknown number?"

"yes!" he's breathing heavily that made me confused.

"what do you want?" i asked.

"where are you?!" he asked, voice cracking a little.

"why does it matter to you-"

"your daughter is in the hospital! where the fuck are you?!" 

my brain processed what he said before grabbing my jacket, leaving the phone on the table and running out the restaurant without giving any fuck.

my daughter is in the hospital and i'm fucking here, having a dinner with her babysitter.

i stepped on the accelerator while tears are trying to break out from my eyes, i looked straight ahead, imagining my scared daughter.

i want to punch myself.

i arrived at the hospital and quickly went to the emergency room, looking around to see my daughter lying on the bed, pale and coughing so hard.

she look like she's out of breath.

i quickly ran to her, putting her in my embrace while tears streamed down my face.

suddenly, the doctor came out, "good evening doctor park." 

i nodded and touched my daughter heating up in fever.

"as of now, her blood pressure dropped, she have a high fever." 

"what happened to her?" 

"her bone marrow is not healthy anymore, as you're an oncologist, her bone got damaged due to chemotherapy. she's also infected by aplastic anemia, which stopped making new blood cells."

i nodded as i know these information already but i didn't know my daughter's case could be that worse.

what kind of dad am i? what kind of doctor am i? i volunteered to treat her but i don't think i did, i feel sorry for my eui hae.

i looked at her, lips trembling.

i sat on the side and held her hands tightly.

"does she need a transplant."

"yes soon. allogenic transplant to be exact." 

i nodded, "i can be her donor."

i stood up, heading to test myself. i hope that she match me because if ever, we'll have to find a donor and it'll take so much time.