0.10

We were all a bit nervous but excited.

Michael was ready to work and I hired a temporary cook to help him since Julian obviously isn't working here. It's only 15 minutes before the place opens and so far no one was outside. It's not like we have a sale going on but it's dragging down the mood.

Brendon was pacing back and forth making us dizzy. "Bren, sit now." Michael said.

"I can't! Grandma should be here. This is all her, I can't do this." He explained and Michael stood up.

"She believes you can handle all of this." He said and Brendon chuckled.

"That's a joke." He said and Michael shook his head.

"No, I promise. You know why Julian was so pissed? He didn't care about Audrey. He slept with her only to get you mad. He hates that grandma gave you this place." He explained and Brendon narrowed his eyes. He looked at me but I had the same expression. I'm puzzled.

"She put this place under your name and when he heard about that he was pissed. She trusts you enough to hand over what she created to you. Prove to her that she made the right choice." He said and Brendon gaped.

"This place is mine?"

"Yes." Michael nodded and Brendon sat down in a chair. I couldn't believe it either.

"You're not kidding?"

"No, why would I be?" Michael said and Brendon sighed.

"Oh, gosh."

"Is this a good thing?" I asked and Brendon looked at me. He smiled and nodded.

"It's perfect." He said before getting up and nodding to himself.

"I can do this."

"You can." Michael said. I stood up and Brendon sighed before nodding to himself again.

"I've got this."

I had to leave the first hour after the place opened since I got called for work. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to keep staring at Brendon work and see his smile when elders complimented the new place. Maybe they can still come in the early mornings. Karaoke isn't until later on in the day. Not many enjoy loud music in the morning.

"Did someone die in the bathroom?" Jon asked. He also worked in real estate, has for the past 3 years. I met him at a meeting and we bonded by making fun of some guy in front of us.

"Yeah, a woman slipped and hit her head pretty hard. Blood everywhere." I said and a couple who overheard kept their eyes on me.

"It's a joke." I added and chuckled. They didn't find it funny from their expression.

"Try not saying stuff like that." Jon said and I hit his arm.

"Your fault." I said and he chuckled.

"You seem much happier. I thought I'd never see the day Ryan Ross had a genuine smile on his face. You met someone?" Jon said and I chuckled.

"Why do I need to meet someone to be happy?"

"Did you not?" He asked and I nodded.

"Rests my case. Who is it?"

"This guy I met during the middle of the night."

"Sounds spicy."

"Not really, we haven't done anything even after living together for a few days." I explained and Jon narrowed his eyes.

"That doesn't sound like the Ryan Ross I know."

"Well, the Ryan Ross you knew was a douche."

"He really was."