chapter 22

Wyatt's POV

Anger.

Anger pulsed through my veins as I repeatedly punched the ass hole that hurt my little sister. He tried to throw himself at her.

Without my consent, without my other brothers consenting, he was nothing. I wanted to kill the bastard, right then and there. I could if I wanted to.

Easy.

A punch there, a punch there, and then snap the neck.

But unfortunately, I couldn't do that. I would loose my job and go to jail.

My family needs me.

He's the reason she had another panic attack.

I hated when she had those.

It reminded me of harder times.

Five years ago... (Wyatt's POV)

"It's okay baby girl, calm down," I said, trying to calm down my sister. She was having her third panic attack of the day and all I wanted to do was sleep. It was getting late and I had a long day of school.

The cause of her panic attacks? The idiots that made us. Our "parents".

Emerson wasn't used to having her parents gone all the time. They had recently "taken a vacation" but something told my brothers and I they wouldn't be back for awhile. They left us.

Unfortunately, Em was catching on to the known fact throughout the house.

My parents left two months ago.

A nine year old needs their parents.

You're parents know you better than anybody. They calm you down when you're scared, take care of you when you're sick, keep you safe.

Our parents? They stopped doing that a long time ago.

Blake and I had to start learning how to take care of the younger kids, mainly Brady and Emme. It was tough, I'm barley an adult. I just turned 18.

As I sat in the kitchen with my crying sister, I heard the front door open.

Emerson started getting panic attacks as a result of our parents leaving, and we didn't know how to deal with it. No matter what we did, she wouldn't calm down.

The only person that knew how to calm her down?

Blake.

Blake's home.

Thank God.

As soon as he saw Em he ran into the kitchen, worry on his face.

Blake's POV

Not again.

Another fucking panic attack.

My bastard parents caused my poor sister to have this and now I had to deal with it.

I'm 21 years old. Why am I parenting my siblings? I'm supposed to be in bars, drinking and partying.

Wyatt is a senior in high school. I have to discipline him for coming home at 3am from parties on a school night.

Hayden is 15. Why am I the one teaching him to drive?

Why do I have to help my 13 year old brother Josh do his math homework?

Wesley is 12. He's going through a rebellious stage. Why am I dealing with it?

And Brady. He's ten. Ten years old. He's still a kid.