032. on the run

› CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO ‹

After a few days of being holed up in Loki's living quarters, Raleigh was beginning to feel like he was losing his bearings. He couldn't stand sitting around and doing nothing, especially when that nothing was within a building he knew nothing about, that was in a planet he knew just as little about. It didn't help that Loki continuously left him on his own, while he went to parties or events the Grandmaster held.

So around midday, he left the apartment and explored the huge building he was being held captive in. There were dozens upon dozens of other alien-people-creatures roaming around the halls dressed in unusual outfits. He wanted to walk out of the entrance of the building, but he was worried he'd get lost and then be forced back into the same situation he was in when he first landed on Sakaar. 

So a few hours after starting his exploration, he decided to head back to their shared apartment. Yet, as he rounded the corner to the hallway the apartment was placed, he stopped dead in his tracks.

Guards that resembled giant lego men marched in a group of three through the hallway, stopping as they found the apartment Loki was given. Raleigh stepped back behind the wall, only keeping his head out to observe the Grandmaster's guards. One of them broke down the door after not receiving an answer from the knock. Two of them marched inside, while the other remained outside to keep watch and discourage outsiders' attention.

One of them yelled out something in a different language from inside the apartment and when no reply sounded, shattering and busting could be heard loudly from inside the room and into the hallway. After a while of breaking things, the same person who spoke early talked to their colleagues and the two left the room and met into the hallway once more. The three left, fortunately leaving in the opposite direction of where he was hiding.

Raleigh stepped back and leaned his back against the wall. Why were the guards looking for Loki? Or were they searching for him? Passerbys glimpsed at the teenager, but everyone's attention adverted towards the window as a deafening alarm echoed through the streets of Sakaar.

Following everyone, Raleigh glanced out of the window, only to see the giant hologram of the Grandmaster.

"Sakaar, hear ye. Attention, please. I have some bad news." He started. "My beloved exalted champion has turned up missing. Take to the streets. Celebrate my champion."

Raleigh blinked, realizing that Thor must have had something to do with Hulk's disappearance. It still didn't make sense why the guards would be looking for Loki or him, though, unless they thought one or both of them had a hand in Thor escaping with Hulk. He hadn't seen Loki, meaning he probably had already been found, but he was still roaming free and that made him suspicious. He sure as hell wasn't going to hand himself into the Grandmaster, though. He needed to find Thor.

Backing away from everyone, he pulled up the hood of his jacket and headed towards the exit. 

Many of the Sakaarians in the apartment pushed through the thin boy, holding signs and dressed in Hulk related outfits and masks. They cheered in joy as they joined the growing parade outside. Raleigh swallowed nervously noting how the streets were rapidly becoming filled and hectic. It was going to not only make it difficult to locate Thor but also make it harder for Thor to hide the giant creature the citizens were celebrating. It was without any doubt the reason why the insane ruler was doing this.