Vol 5 Chap 161

XH 161

It was Doctor Bai and Long Yuen that leave the banquet first, taking Xiao Hua with them. After they had left, a servant walked to Eunuch Xiang with a letter in hand. Upon hearing who was the person that gave the letter, the Emperor's head eunuch received the letter and quickly passed it to his master.

"Your Majesty," Eunuch Xiang whispered lowly. "Doctor Bai had sent a letter to Your Majesty."

"Hand over." The Emperor took the letter without hesitation and unfolded it. His eyes quickly scanned the content, before rereading it again. His face did not betray his true thoughts, composed from the beginning till the end.

Using his inner energy, he burned the letter in his hands, already memorized the content. It would not be good if someone got their hands on this letter, even if the content was not a sensitive matter. Besides, he does not know why Doctor Bai wishes for a private meeting with him and his Empress tomorrow.

"Tell him We will wait for him tomorrow morning," The Emperor informed Eunuch Xiang, who nodded and head to do as he was told.

Their interaction was seen by most guests, but as the sight of the Emperor receiving letters and burned it later had occurred before, so they were not panicking yet. Until the Emperor continued on drinking and enjoying the feast did the guests feel relieved, believing that the letter was not as important as they assumed if the Emperor still have the mood for celebration.

The Second Prince and Liu Chu Chu choose to excuse themselves to meet with Concubine He to discuss their wedding plans.

The mood to have fun gone, Long Lian excused herself as well, not wanting to socialize with other ladies. There was no fun in pretending to be happy or putting herself under their judging gaze. She prefers hanging out with the honest Xiao Hua.

Thinking about Xiao Hua reminded her about the other girl's dishonesty, making her sad and angry. How could Xiao Hua hide such a huge secret from her and allowed her to make a fool of herself by offering her good things when Xiao Hua would most probably have even better things?

However, when she returned to her courtyard, a servant informed her that she has guests.

"Who is it?"

"It's Elder Sister Xiao Hua, Your Highness." The news of Xiao Hua being Doctor Bai's daughter was not yet spread, so the servant still used the servant title when she called Xiao Hua.

Although Long Lian's rational mind was still angry at Xiao Hua's deception, her heart could not stop feeling happy that she visited her.

That means she's important to Xiao Hua, right?

Long Lian walked at a fast pace towards the pavilion where she usually received her guests, wanting to know how Xiao Hua will explain herself and to appease her. However, the sight that was captured by her eyes let her know that being appeased by Xiao Hua will have to be pushed to later.

The King of Munzhu, Tian Liang, had his eyes lowered to stare at the table, silently drinking his tea as he tolerates Xiao Hua's glare, treating it as it was nothing. Behind Xiao Hua stood Duan XiYing, supporting her young miss by giving the usually arrogant King a piercing gaze with a smile that was not friendly at all.

It was unknown why would the usually short-tempered King would put up with their rude glares but Long Lian was thankful that he did! She knew his temper and strength as she had seen him unleashing them onto unfortunate servants that had angered him by making mistakes.

"What is going on here?" Long Lian questioned, breaking the one-sided staring contest and stepped closer to them.

"Long Lian!" Xiao Hua stopped glaring and stood up to face Long Lian with a worried gaze.