Enter! Amaya Ishikawa!

As her eyes cracked open with a flash of a life she lived not so long ago- the feeling of a soft comforter beneath her was foreign and unnerving in a way. But whether or not she slept in a soft bed or the hard ground she could never escape the nightmares that plagued her.

Amaya sat up with a start, her tanktop sticking to her skin- met with the distinct feeling of being watched. Yet, the only eyes she was met with were that of her dog... who laid at the edge of her bed staring at her quizzically. Kenshin had been with her for about three years, a loyal companion and a good friend. He was no ninken, just a dumb street dog. But the way she saw it, everyone could use a dumb friend. Her chest rose and fell rapidly as the morning like shone through the window just next to her bed, her eyes drifted out meeting some trees as well as the street below.

speaking of feeling like I'm being watched... She thought rubbing the back of her next- her clammy palms not easing her discomfort. Of course they would have people watching her, she knew that. But her instincts had a mind of there own- and she knew she would next be able to relax with the constant threat of eyes on her.

whatever the case, she had... school? the thought of going to sit in a classroom full of her peers was still foreign but she shook it off. Knowing it was her only option.

Can't be helped I suppose, she reasoned mentally as she swung her legs over the side of her new bed. She winced as her eyes drifted to the clock.

What better way then to start your first day ten minutes late...

----

Amaya stood in the small hallway of the Academy building uncertain of how exactly to go about this. She would need a plan- a way of operation to make this go smoothly.

Just treat it like a mission, she told herself raising her hand an knocking her knuckles to the door. From beyond it she could make out a small fracas, but it was soon slid open to reveal a young man. He couldn't be older then his mid- twenties, his hair was slicked back into a high ponytail and he had a long scar across his nose. He wore a shockingly polite smile as he stared down at the girl.

"You must be Amaya,"

She blinked up at him floundering ever so slightly.

"I apologize for being late." Her tone was frank and her brows were furrowed in slight concern.

"Nonsense- come on in!" He hummed ushering her into the classroom. Upon stepping in the hair on the back of her neck rose as she became acutely aware of the eyes on her. Turning her head she was a bit horrified to find about twenty Academy students watching her expectantly.

You are an S rank ninja- feared and wanted by the five great nations, you can handle a few snot nose brats she coached herself.

"Sensei! who is this!?"

oh god- I have to get out of here

----

From the Hokages office the soon to be Jonin Sensei's watched through the Hokages orb as the village newcomer was faced with her first challenge.

"She's gonna book it" Genma snorted.

-----

"Class, this is our new student. Please treat her with kindness and respect." Iruka lectured standing up tall and placing a hand on Amaya's shoulder. He felt all her muscles tense as he did so but chose to ignore it.

They all stared and she stared back.

"Go on... Introduce yourself," He urged under his breath.

She swallowed harshly shifting from one foot to another.