Chapter 44

God bless you guys and have a wonderful day ahead.

💕💞💕💞💕💞💕💞💕💞💕💞

Prince Alexander Fay's POV

My father tore the back of my sisters dress apart, allowing her wings to freely unfold themselves.

I watched in horror as the skin on her back broke. Thank heavens she was already passed out on the ground. I can't imagine the pain. Very slowly, her greenish blue veins and nerves were showing on her back. They were spread out like branches but connected near the broken skin of hers, where the tips of her wings emerged . They were crystal like but they were tainted with blood so it wasn't a pretty sight.

The deafening crack of her bones filled our ears. Her body was somehow reshaping itself, making way and adjusting to her new features. Her skin broke further down, along her back.

"Will it hurt when she wakes up?"

"Not like this Alex. She will feel uncomfortable but it won't be so bad once they grow out." My mother explained. It pained her to see our Eve like this but this was bound to happen.

During our short conversation more of her wings were already showing and they continued to grow out progressively. It was almost like seeing a sapling sprouting out. They blossomed beautifully. About half an hour passed and we were able to see most of her new body part. They were huge and they spread out three meters on either side.

Once the process was done the cut skin on her back healed itself up. There was no trace of any damage caused by the wings that fought themselves out. My father immediately scooped her up in his arms and we all walked back to the castle.

"I'll clean her up." My mother informed.

"Her wings are beautiful love," my father smiled at his wife. "They sure are. They are big and I have no doubt that they're stronger than mine."

My parents were right. Eve's wings were beautiful, something I've never seen before. Most of it was crystal like but the center part of the wings were a soft golden glow that made them look magical. The top of each wing had a curvy claw structure. No doubt they were its defense mechanism. They would look truly immaculate when she's all cleaned up.

~~~~~~~

Princess Aeval Florentine's POV

I woke up with a massive headache. Maybe Alex decided to hit me with a hammer while I slept? Why does my head hurt so badly?

"A...Alex?!" I groaned as I tried to get up. Every part of me felt like they weighed a ton.

"She's awake!! Wait I'm coming!" he informed the entire Kingdom.

He rushed to my side seemingly worried. Why was he worried? What happened?

"Did you hit my head with a hammer?"

"That would have been so much fun Evie." He chuckled and helped me sit up.

"What happened?"

"You'll see."

I felt so uneasy as I forced myself to sit up. I was laying on my stomach the whole time.

"Eeerggmmm! Could you please ask for some m..medicine Alex?" I held my head in my hands.

"I know it hurts but it won't last very long. Drink some water and you'll be fine."

Alex brought me a glass of water and as he handed it to me he tripped. On what? I don't know.

I saw the glass tilt and tip over his hand but not one drop of water landed on me. Before I could even blink or comprehend the situation, something moved in front of me and shielded me from the transparent liquid. What I saw next was like a big splash hitting down on the windshield.