39| Safe

"I told you, Dazai... don't do it if it isn't with me..."

She almost took my breath away as she took hold of my tongue. Her pale yet now pinkish face had a hue of red stained around her eyes. They were wet... wet with sorrow. The orange sun had started to break its way through the thickness of the dark night around us like a soft, subtle glow of fire erasing the dark walls that engaged us in hell. The sparks of the warmest yellow from the sunrise was shining in the tears of her glossy (e/c) eyes like a cluster of growing flowers in a field.

And all I could managed to do was wipe her tears away.

"How are you... how are you here?" I say, my voice diluted by credulity.

My hand wasn't steady whilst I regained a sense of reality. I wiped them away with a shaking thumb, brushing against the softness of her skin, worried I would simply hurt such an angel. But my touch told me she was here- beside me.

My heart could finally rest.

I felt her cheeks raise from under my hand as she so beautifully smiled, the squint of her eyes watering her eyelids more.

"Dazai," She delicately said, "You don't have to hold me to make me feel so safe."

A pool of heavenly orange broke through over us, making the darkness feel like it never existed. My heart was still crazily rattling inside like a wild animal.

"Just a simple thought of you makes my whole world happy."

My smile came immediately, butterflies released free inside. I wasted no time in pressing my lips to hers, pulling her tighter, wrapping my arms around most of her body as I possibly could, eyes closed.

I was terribly in love with (Y/n) (L/n).

She was here. She was really, really here! Back into my embrace and igniting a firework of euphoria inside my chest, resulting in my heart wailing in relief. I felt a silent tear roll down my cheek as our lips slowly pressed together, chest tightening as I tried not to cry. Her gentle hand snaked up my chest to my neck, deepening our kiss and pressing the warmth of our bodies closer.

She was alive. She was breathing. She was safe.

And that was all I needed.

Our lips pulled apart slowly, our foreheads joined, nose brushing against on another. I wanted her to be so close to me all the time.

"I love you, (Y/n)." I say. I said it without thinking. The words spilt out as I stared into her eyes again unknowingly, and suddenly I felt too far away. I pulled her into a tight embrace yet again, my head resting against her shoulder.

"Don't ever do that again. Ever." I mumbled into her neck, my head shaking, catching the scent of her. As my head rested in the crook of her neck, I began to feel all the dolour trapped in my mind slowly fade away. I heard her laugh so subtly, her body swaying in my arms.

"I'll try not to next time." She says, and kisses my head, a hand running through my hair, the other wrapping around my shoulder blades," I love you too, Dazai Osamu."

Her mellow voice that brushed against my ear was blissful to me.

Everything was perfect again.