40| Mine

Dazais P.O.V

Orange sparks drifted around our head like tiny embers that fell from the burning ship in the sky. My eyes stung from the pinch of invisible ash in the corners, but that didn't stop me from watching how the ship crumbled inside the dark burning flames.

All whilst Atsushi was howling, calling me a murderer with blood-thirst stuck in his tone of scream.

It wasn't long until it's descent to the immense spread of ocean was ended right underneath us. It crashed into sea, water almost reaching our feet, slowly sinking to be fully submerged. That was the end of the Moby Dick, no amount of money could ever patch the piece back together. As we glided from the parachutes we had found to the docks below our feet's, my mind was racing over countless of things.

One worry had been gone, but another was set in its place- (Y/n). And like always, she was the top of my priorities. I had just manage to catch a glimpse of a red glow enter a woods close to the docks, exactly where we had planned our landing. I knew it must have been Chuuya, that distinct ominous glow couldn't have been anything else. The President had also reached our landing point, efficiently as I had hoped when I contacted him before our jump.

And unsurprisingly... none other than Mori was stood along side him, his thick black and red collared coat like a flag of danger from up here. I grumbled, not wishing to put up with whatever he had to bring to this situation. I could sense his snark from up here as he watched us glide down... Although, perhaps he was here to assess (Y/n)? Undoubtably he was concerned for his executives well-being, especially after (Y/n) Gift invaded the city and Chuuya was out of sight to him. It wasn't often we saw Mori and Fukuzawa together either... the sight was almost surreal.

A couple more minuets and we had reached the ground, the impact on our legs uneasy. I didn't stop for anyone else as I ripped the parachute from my back and rushed past the crowd of Agency members. I heard Fukuzawa call for me strongly and saw the turn of Moro's head, but nothing was stopping me in finding her. She could be in desperate pain...

The forest was up the stairs that exited the docks. As soon as I ran straight inside the greenery, I felt a shifting in the shadows around me. She must still be struggling to cope...

"CHUUYA!" I shout. My breathing was all I heard for just a second. I had to find him. I had to get to her before this got any worse.

And somewhere amongst the trees, I heard a quiet call.

"Over here, you idiot!"

It was to the right. My head snapped to the direction and my feet started to dash. Finally, I could get to her and keep her safe. My arms already felt so cold without her.

As I ran past branches and shadows, following the trail of Chuuyas voice, I noticed how strong the ominous darkness had started to grow by the second. (Y/n) must have been getting worse since I left her... it was surprising to see her loose control so quickly... I wondered how long it would take her to recover, how much more time she would need beside me, and somewhat felt joy.

As whistling wind past my ears, I could have sworn I had heard whispers of hushed voices... voices that sounded like (Y/n).

"You never loved me."

It was so hushed and sinister I almost never caught it.

I never stopped running however my chest started to tighten as I heard those words yet again... The shadows started to get denser by the second.

"I hate him more than anything in the world."

Where was she? Where were these voices coming from?