Chapter 26

Elizabeth
I woke up shivering in the freezing cold with a light ringing sound in my ears as the sun blinded my view of the room.

The windows were wide open and the wind had knocked some stuff over on to the floor, creating a mess that could easily be cleaned up, which is what I did.

I decided that if I didn't give myself time to think, I wouldn't be an emotional wreck, so I planned my entire day, not leaving any time at all to do nothing.

I wandered down to the kitchen and began to cook pancakes using a simple recipe that Xavier's mother taught me.

'Xavier, breakfast is ready,' I spoke out into the mindlink quietly.

I heard the pounding of footsteps running down the stairs.

Xavier entered the room looking slightly baffled. "I didn't think you'd wake up until at least noon, you were exhausted last night."

I shrug my shoulders and began immediately cleaning all the dishes I used, not caring if my food went cold.

"We could have just went to the hall," Xavier says.

I shrug again, "I wanted to cook."

"Are you okay?" He asks hesitantly.

I turn around and smile, "of course, how are the pancakes?"

He half smiles at me, "they're so good."

I grin and finish off cleaning the kitchen before moving on to the garden to plant some flowers.

Xavier runs out after me, "Beth you didn't eat your breakfast."

"I'm not hungry," I smile tightly and continue to gather gardening equipment.

I look over my shoulder to see Xavier has gone upstairs back to his office and I ignore the pain in my heart from not being close to him and begin to garden.

After 3 hours I decided to go to my office and tidy that too but as I pass by Xavier's I notice that there is muffled shouting coming from behind the large wooden door.

I press my ear against the cold wood and listen closely, my curiosity getting the better of me.

"I don't give a fuck if you are all tired, you need to find this bastard and bring him to the pack dungeons!" Xavier shouts angrily to someone on the other end of the call.

"My mate almost died, her wolf did die and you're telling me you want to give up? You want to fucking give up? You better find this bastard or I will kill you all myself." The phone is slammed on the table roughly, making me jump in fright and rush down the stairs, I can clean my office another time, I will just clean the kitchen again.

I wander down the stairs slowly but when I reach the bottom the first thing I notice is the coldness that filled the room that wasn't there before, did I leave a window open?

I walk into the kitchen and begin wiping down the counters and reorganising the jars of spices.

Suddenly someone's stomach is pressed against my back and a hand is clamped around my mouth tightly muffling my scream and making me squirm in pain.

A hot breath whispers in my ear, "so you did survive that little procedure, and you're still mated to that useless excuse of an Alpha, pity, did your wolf really know what she was doing with that one?"

I try to scream out but the mysterious figure clamps his hand tighter around my mouth which I know will create a bruise.

I try to kick him but I'm facing forward and it does no use and my arms are stuck behind me with one of his hands clamped around the wrists.