36

EMILY'S P.O.V

"If your going to be friends with us you have to spill the tea on Alpha, is it true that the whole top floor of the main pack house is all his? I heard that he had a room specifically designed for torture-" Anton, one of Terri's friend rambled as he pushed aside his tray filled with food to lean on closer.

"Shut up! You've known the girl two days and I'm sure you have already given her a massive headache. You don't have to answer anything if you don't want to" Terri cut his ramble off jamming her elbow into the side of his ribs to add to the blow.

It was now my second day at the 'wolf' school, yesterday Terri had remained glue to my side u till Prescott said I had to leave. I was grateful for her, and her two friends she introduced to me Anton and Wess. They seemed to look past the whole human and Luna thing and talked to me like normal people. However, the same could not have been said for the hundreds of other students and teachers within the school who's eyes burnt into the back of my head all day, each person had fixed their gaze on me and was too afraid to say a word to me.

"Don't be stupid, I don't know about the whole torture thing, I'm literally allowed in three rooms" I smiled at Anton as his eyes widened and he leaned his body forward as if he was taking in each and every word specially to ensure he didn't forget.

"Your turn, I'm sure you have hundreds have questions for us, it's about time Anton gave you a turn" Wes quickly spoke to prevent Anton's never ending list of questions to begin. Yesterday was worse, he grilled me as if I was in police custody, but I didn't mind, I was glad someone wanted to talk to me.

I furrowed my eyebrows, I had so many thoughts and questions yet when someone questioned me my mind suddenly went blank, until my mind wandered to Tom.

"Is it true that everyone in this pack is monsters? That kill anyone?" My voice drawled low, I felt like a bitch for asking. Terri, Anton and Wes were nothing but nice to me, I could never picture them harming someone on purpose but I needed to settle my mind.

"Well not every pack is perfect and ours Is far from it, we have our fair share of enemies, but from my perspective, no I wouldn't say we were all monsters. Kane on the other hand, he's sitting behind you is another story, he was chosen to be a pack warrior-" Wes' explained his voice dropping lower to that it was barley audible over the loud chatter of the dining room hall.

I turned my body to search for Kane when my eyes fell on a pair of green ones, his stature was large as he was slumped over in the small chair, his eyes bore into mine and I quickly shot around in my seat.

"Jesus Emily! You made that so obvious" Terri groaned as she shook her head, exchanging glances with Anton and Wes.

********

"Who were you talking to again?" Four questioned as he quickened his pace on the treadmill, his eyes glancing over at mine as I sat on top of another workout machine. Despite his quick pace his breathing never quickened nor a sweat fall from his face.

"Terri, I met her in my first class, she was so nice, literally was the only one that would talk to me. She introduced me to her friends Wes and Anton" I reminded him as I adverted my eyes from a shirtless Four running on the treadmill, the muscles in his legs flexing every second as the loud noise from the machine filled the silence in the gym.

"Why is almost everyone there too afraid to talk to me?" I ask after a few minutes of silence entered the gym as his gaze landed on me.