0.12

After we ate Spencer agreed to help find some people to hire. We went downtown with some flyers and handed them out. I'm interviewing people now. It has to be today. Brendon is close to passing out if he doesn't get a break.

"You didn't answer under committed a felony." Spencer said and the old man smiled.

"I didn't think it was important."

"Thanks for the application." I said and he nodded before leaving. I crumpled his paper and sighed.

"Here you go." A girl said handing me her application. I scanned through it only looking for the important stuff.

"You were a waitress before?"

"Yes, but the place got shut down." She said and I nodded.

"Alright, how do you feel about starting tomorrow?" I said and she smiled.

"Really?"

"Yeah." I nodded and so did she.

"Okay, I'll be there."

"Good, here's the place and the time to get there. Don't worry about a uniform just wear appropriate clothing." I said and she nodded.

"Thank you." She said and left.

"This is easier than I thought."

"It's fun too, judging people." Spencer smirked.

"This guy's middle name is Fletcher." He said and I chuckled.

"Call him over."

"Ashton?" Spencer said and a man walked over. Curly hair a bit. Tall and with a great smile. I turned to Spencer and he was admiring the guy.

"That's me, I'm Ashton Irwin." He said and with a fucking accent too. I looked at his application. I didn't care where they were from though.

"You're applying for a cook?"

"Yes, I've been cooking since I was a small boy, my mom would always want me to help and I –"

"You're hired." Spencer said and stood up holding his hand up. Ashton shook his hand and smiled.

"Thank you." I guess he's hired.

"Here's all the information you need to know. The location of the diner and what time to get there." I said handing him a paper.

"Sounds good, thanks again."

"If he sucks it's on you." I said and Spencer nodded.

"It sure will be." He said biting his lip.

This will take a while.

I got home and was barely opening the door when Brendon called me.

"Hello?"

"Come pick me up?" Forgot he never had a car. I should get him one.

"Of course." I hung up and got back in my car. Spencer still isn't so sure about me getting back with Brendon so quickly. It's been two weeks. I guess it really hasn't been that long. But he has good intentions.

I parked by the diner and he was waiting outside. He smiled when seeing my car and got inside.

"Hey, had fun?"

"No, I'm really tired." He said and I nodded. This seems familiar. It happened about two weeks ago. I drove to the house and he was still awake, surprisingly. I figured he'd be falling asleep.

"How did you sleep at the diner?" I asked and he cleared his throat.

"I would sleep in the booths with some blanket Michael gave me." He said. That's uncomfortable.