39. Forgotten Blues

Purple was a pretty color. It was a perfect sort of mix between mature and gently beautiful. The deep velvet purple stood out amongst the crowd as dominant, a figure standing upon the many. And the mellow pastel purple of a girl's dress showed off her youth and sweet nature.

Purple was a royal color and it lined the wall, melting into the very essence of the building. Everywhere her eyes could see the purple flame flicker in her mind, and the same pair of purple eyes reminded her of his presence. Not letting her forget. The simple bracelet hanging on her wrist moved along with her fluid movement, as she reflexively reached for the gem around her choker. Straightening it again and again to ease her anxieties.

Soon an intricately carved glass door was open for her, it held the scene to a wonderful garden. Beautiful and unbelievably serene. Her eyes widen for a moment in astonishment, but she quickly hid her emotion and reverted back to a calm and unperturbed expression.

Walking along the garden path, the sight was all the same. Purple flooded one's senses; flowers, walls, pavilion. All dyed in shades of overwhelming purple. And he too was the embodiment of that purple; eyes, hair, and the flower in his hand. They were all the same dull color, as he neared the table that sat his father.

In the corner of his eyes, he caught a glimpse of a disappearing blue in the sea of purple. But when he had turned to it, it was gone. As if it had never been there in the first place.

And as if he had remembered something that he shouldn't have forgotten, a pair of blue gem-like eyes appeared in his thoughts.