299

Unchain the reactions, I'm not ready to die, not yet
Pull me out the train wreck
Pull me out, pull me out, pull me out
You can say what you like but that I wouldn't die for you
I'm down on my knees and I need you to be my God
Be my help, be a savior who can...

—Train Wreck by James Arthur perfectly describes Harry to Amelia at this point^

Day of the War
6:52am

Harry Styles

I had so many things to do, so many people to call and tasks to get in order before noon. But I didn't care about any of them. Even though I had endless loose ends to tie up and distraught minds to navigate, I wasn't moving a muscle right now. Right now, the only thing I'm going to do was lay here in this bed and stare at the only proof of that angels really do exist.

Amelia was always such a pretty sleeper, ever since I knew her. I always wanted to know what she dreamed about, jealous of whoever got to make an appearance in her precious subconscious. This was the first time I had her sleep next to me in months. I wanna say I forgot how amazing it was but I know I didn't. I always dreamed of her tangled in the sheets with me again, my arms around her and her legs intertwined with mine under the covers.

The sheet was tucked up to her chest, covering her naked body as it was just on my lower half. It was right before seven in the morning, the sun leaking through the window drapes.

Her hair was all messy from her sleep, strands draped down covering her one eye. My hand that was on her hip, slid all the way up the side of her fragile body to her face. My finger softly caressed the hair back behind her ear, letting me see more of her angelic features. I wanted to savour this moment. My thumb continued to stroke the side of her face, right on her cheekbone. My hand nearly engulfed the side of her head like a perfect fit.

How could one person have such an effect on my life? I really worshiped the ground this woman walked on and it was so against my old ways.

If I die today, I die more of a man then I ever was before meeting her. If I die, it will be in peace no matter how physically gruesome it could be. My soul was never one to be accepted into heaven, because I can't erase what I've done no matter how much it's against my character now. But if today is the day my heart stops beating and I blow one last breath into the tangent sky, my soul will be at peace, where ever it ends up.

And I owe it all to her, no words could ever describe how thankful I am for her saving me.

That is what she did, save me.

I leaned in and very gently kissed her soft forehead, trying to take in what the feeling was like of my lips to her warm skin. I froze with my lips against her, my eyes shut and my thumb halting its stroking.

When I pulled back to my own pillow again, I glimpsed at her quiet face.

"I can't wait to marry you in another life." I whispered under my breath to her unconscious state, knowing she wouldn't hear me.

But when her eyelids tensed from pinching them shut and her lips were plump, I realize she was awake and started to tear up to what I just said.

"Oh no...babe I didn't know you were awake." I felt instantly bad as she started silently crying before even opening her eyes. I don't even know how long she's been fake sleeping for.

She shook her head on the pillow while trying to swallow her tears. I wrapped my hand around her lower back and pulled her body closer to mine. I wouldn't of said that if she was awake, because I knew it would make her so sad to hear. I'd be sad to hear that coming from her lips if it was the other way around.