Chapter 8- Ex-rays

Jess practically ran out of the elevator until a nurse yelled at her to stop and walk or leave. Leo was starting to push my wheel chair through the large metal doors when I whipped my hand on to the side, preventing him from moving.

"Ry? You okay?" he asks pulling us back in the small space.

"I cant go see him." I whisper guilt eating me up on the inside.

"Why?" Leo asks twisting the chair so that he could look at my face.

"Because, I'm the reason he's in there, I almost killed my brother!" I say in hysterics.

"Oh no Ry, this has nothing to do with you, its not your fault." He says squatting down next to me and gently rubbing my arm.

"I didn't even ask about the truck driver or Dime, what kind of person am I?" I ask and a lone tear slips down my cheek leaving a trail.

"You've only been up for 12 hours after being a a coma and most of that you were sleeping, its a miracle you can walk on your own and remember who you are." he says softly wiping away the tear.

"Leo, what did happen to the truck driver and Dime?" I ask.

"There were two people in the truck...they didn't make it, neither did Dime. I'm sorry, Hun." He says. And I feel terrible. Dime is dead, along with 2 other people....Suddenly a memory comes flashing back, Dime's frantic, desperate winnie's as the fire spread to the trailer. I shudder at the memory.

"She died a slow and painful death." I say bowing my head.

"There was nothing we could do, we had to get you and Noah out of there and we cut it close as it is. And you still both fell into coma's on the way to the hospital. But i'm sure he wont blame you. Because its not your fault." he say stroking my hair.

"But it is, it was my rodeo, my idea to use Dime, my fault he slowed down seconds before we were hit. If I hadnt of-" but then he kissed me, and I was unable to process any information let alone words.

"What was that for?" i ask placing my forehead on his.

"Its not your fault, it was an accident, please stop blaming your self." he says and I can tell that this isn't just about me this has something to do with his past.

"I'm scared." i whisper. "What if he hates me?"

"He wont trust me" he says his deep green eyes staring in to my water blue eyes.

"How do you know?" I say shift my head to the side so that we were hugging.

"I just do." he say his hand doing small circles on my back.

"Well what do we have here?" say a voice I know all to well. We jumped apart and Leo took a protective position in front of me.

"Its okay, Leo." I say and daintily place my hand on his arm. He sighs and comes back to his place beside me.

"What are you doing up? I thought you were still recovering?" I ask Noah who's being pushed in a wheel chair by a nurse, encircled by my family and a few hospital staff members.

"I am but they want to take a few tests." he says and I can see bags under Angela's eyes.

"Oh...So you're feeling better?" I say looking down, unable to meet his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm still sore but I should be better soon." he says. I lift my head a bit and see a smile installed on his face.

"That's good, so I assume you need the elevator?" I say looking up at Leo.

"Yeah the ex-ray room is up a level..." He says.

"How many levels to they have here?" Leo asks

"Only 4 and then a basement." say the nurse pushing the wheel chair, and my stomach turns, the have a morgue. Oh my God. A morgue we are standing over bodies.