Chapter 18

This is hellish to read but I got it over with, so let's literally never do that again. It's so boring. I'm sorry, please kill me, leggo

Third person pov

Toshinori was sweating under Harper's gaze, and she hadn't even asked anything yet. The girl really wasn't sure where to begin. The longer she focused on the extra seven voices latched to his consciousness, the weirder things got. Voices didn't normally have colors. Sure, you could assign colors to them if you wanted, but she'd never gotten any sort of sense that someone was a certain shade of blue, or maybe green. That wasn't how her quirk worked. Or at least, not before now. These voices were different. They were nearly... glowing. When she closed her eyes and focused, she swore she could almost see them.

The first, oldest voice belonged soft-spoken who radiated a bright white light. It was silvery and rippled like it was the beginning of something stronger. A runner, crouched at the starting line. They weren't powerful physically, but they held this air of certainty within them that was reassuring in an odd way. They sounded... not as old as they felt. Like they were a young man, and not something age-old. Harper had a feeling she was digging into something deeper than she could ever even begin to imagine.

The Second was full of hope and the urge to lift others up, shining an exuberant, blue light that promised rescue. They felt like a refuge, certainly sounding older than the First, but not by much. While the blue light wasn't as old as the white one, they were still older than any man Harper had run into. They were also kind, but in a loud way. The Second felt like a hugger. The kind of person that would greet a stranger like an old friend with a smile on their face. They really cared.

Three was radiating a dull but powerful red shade. They were almost certainly male, and felt... dangerous. They were the most quiet out of all of them, but they didn't sound all that old anytime they did comment on something. Younger than the other lights, they still somehow felt far too old to be a living person. That's what perplexed Harper the most about this situation. She could not hear the dead. The dead were gone-- they didn't have the ability to think. So how was she hearing entities that felt several decades older than the average life-span stretched?

Four was a leafy green. They were quiet, but not in a cold way like red was. They were cool and calculated, but seemed relatively sassy when they did contribute to the conversation. Most of their quips were quietly-spoken, but they burned in a witty way that made the rest of the voices howl with laughter. They didn't hold the same raw power as Three, and they weren't as old either, but they sounded the eldest out of the voices so far. Another male, she felt. Strong willed despite not seeming it. They felt like a hero, much like Two.

Five was a golden yellow, gruff with what felt like the distinct ability to capture. They scoffed and laughed in a deep, hearty laugh that came from the belly. Definitely a man. Strong and with the ability to hold out. They knew what they were doing. Harper felt that if Five got a hold of her, there'd be no escaping. Something about him was secure, like some sort of stronghold. He seemed warm. Someone you wouldn't think cared, but did in their own way.

Six was another male, purple, with a certain warmth that laid over his seriousness like a blanket. He was younger than all the other voices as well, though he felt like he was only in his fifties or so. Not old at all. He gave quiet snorts when he found something amusing. He was very pointed in his speech, and seemed calm. His tone was a strong timbre, sure and steady. Still, Harper knew he was dangerous as well. They all were.

The Seventh and final voice was a woman. Her light shimmered and rippled with several colors, never picking just one. She was not only the youngest out of all the voices, but also the loudest too. Her laugh, her jokes, even her smile was something Harper could feel. She held this raw strength not a lot of people had. She reminded her a lot of All Might in way, grinning constantly and so sure of herself. Determination bled off of her like she was some sort of leaky faucet, never completely stopping.