-III-

2:40am, Impractical Jokers playing in the background, two dogs next to me sleeping...the perfect time to spend writing instead of sleeping like I should ;4;

Ethan's POV(•0•)

I groaned and turned in my bed, reaching over to slap the alarm clock. After a few attempts of finding the right button, the annoying beeping finally stopped. My arm went limp, sliding off the bedside table and hanging off the side of my bed. I didn't want to get up, I'd much rather sit here for the rest of my life. But for some dumb reason I have to wake up at ungodly hours of the day and go to an educational prison.

"Up and at 'em, princess!" Dad yelled as he passed my bedroom door as he walked down the hallway.

I groaned in response. Slowly, I pulled myself out of my comfortable, warm bed. Instantly, I felt colder and I wanted nothing more than to crawl back into my bed and fall back into sleep. The only good part of this year is it's my last year of school. High school, that is. After this, I'll only have to go into another school that's more important and decides where your life goes.

Opening my closet, I carelessly picked an outfit. After I was dressed, I made my way to the bathroom. As soon as I got a glance of my appearance in the mirror, I cringed. My hair stuck up in every direction, making me look like some sort of villain in a children's show.

I ran the brush through my hair, ripping some strands of hair out of my scalp. Aggravated at a group of stubborn hair that wouldn't lay down normally, I wet that area under the faucet and brush through the area multiple times, making sure it stays down when it dries. Satisfied, I brush my teeth and head to the kitchen.

"Morning." Dad said through a mouthful.

I lazily hummed in response, heading straight for the fridge.

"Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine." He commented. "How'd you sleep?"

"On my back."

"Smart ass." He mumbled, a chuckle coming out with his words.

"What'd he say this time?" Mom asked as she walked in.

Before he could tell her what happened, I decided to change the subject. "When is Andrew coming home?" I ask, shutting the fridge and turning to face them.

"Whenever he can, I guess." Mom answered. "He's busy with college, can't fit a break in with everything."

"It's getting to that time of year. Teachers are piling work onto their students, finals are coming up soon." Dad shook his head. "I am so glad I'm done with all of that."

"Speaking of finals," Mom started, looking toward me. "I want to see you start studying for those. I don't want any of this procrastinating you do with everything else."

I rolled my eyes. "It's only February, finals aren't until May."

"It's never too early to start preparing." Mom said in a sing-song voice.

Looking for an excuse to escape before she began lecturing me, I begin making my way out of the kitchen and back to my room in a pretend panic. "The bus will be here soon."

As I rushed passed them in a false hurry, Dad shouted, "You don't ride the bus!"

Ignoring them, I continued my way down the hall and to my room. As soon as I entered my room, I grabbed my backpack and my phone, securing both items on my body. Even though they already knew my act was fake, I still rushed passed my parents and to the front door with a small wave.

"Love you, bye!" I said quickly, shut the door, and began my walk to school.

I love my parents, I do, but sometimes I feel like my Dad is the cooler one. He's all jokes, fun, no regrets. He's more laid back than Mom is. If I get a bad grade, he appreciates that I tried. If I do something stupid, he tells me to live and learn. He told me if I wanted a tattoo when I'm 18, I should get one. Hell, I was supposed to get a tattoo when I turned 16, but Mom disapproved of it so it never happened.