Chapter 10- Test Runs

Not two seconds after Dad had officially welcomed Izzy, Leo and Dave into our pack my mind was full of laughter. Leo is so childish sometimes.

"This is so cool!" screams Leo through our mind link.

"Ah crap, I didn't block them in time." says a sarcastic Noah.

"Cut him some slack, if I recall you did the same thing when you were little." I say laughing

"Don't you think we should get them some rooms to sleep in?" asks Dad looking at us smiling, probably remembering when we all used the mindlink like there was no tomorrow. Those were the days, before mates and adolescence. 

"Yeah, we really should. Come on. Tomorrow we can go shopping for clothing and stuff for you guys." I say grabbing Leo's hand and lacing my fingers through his. I looked up at him and at the same time he looked down at me we both smiled softly. I closed my eyes and rested my head on his shoulder as we walked in through the double doors of our house.

Izzy picked the room next to Charlie's, with out realizing because it was the closest one to the Attic door, aka my bedroom door. Dave picked one at the far end of the hall away from everyone. And Leo was just about to walk up stairs to my bedroom with me when Dad, Reeve, Charlie and Noah protested.

"Where are you two going?" asks Dad crossing his arms.

"What part of 'no' dont you get?" demands Charlie.

"Sorry Ry, but I don't think that's a good idea." says Reeve who looks at Leo as if he's trying to read his mind.

"Leo I like you, but...." says Noah who just lets his sentence trail off.

"Oh come on, Angela staying in your room! Why cant Leo stay in mine?" I ask pouting slightly.

"You know very well why." Dad dryly mutters.

"Please, pretty please, Daddy." I beg and give him the puppy eyes that he always use to fall for.

"Come on, Dad, don't let her win this on."  Charlie huffs, looking at me with irritation

"They are mates...." Sighs Dad and I know I'm gonna win this.

"And I'm mature and responsible and Leo saved me and I love you." I grin, giving him a big hug.

"We'll call tonight a test run. Understand? We will be coming up at random to check on you both." he says starring at Leo with such intensity I feared that lasers might shoot out of his eyes.

"Yes, sir." Leo all but barks out, looking very military in his stance. I step back to him, he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"You're giving in, old man." say Noah smirking

"Hey, I am not old." Protests Dad

"41 years in a month and by then Jess and Ry will be 18." say Reeve looking at his sisters.

"Yeah, we're old." Jokes Jess "Hey, Izzy come here for a sec." and then they disappears into her room.

"Dad can you go and start the food?" Groans Noah as he circles his hands around his stomach

"I'm too old to cook." says Dad walking towards his study "You all can order pizza."

"Okay, what do you all want? We're  getting nine pizza's so there should be enough for everyone." says Reeve picking up a notepad and a pen from off of the hallway table.

"It doesn't mater." says Leo.

"You know what I like." I smile, and open my bedroom door, pulling  on Leo's hand. Up the stairs we go.