12. Demon and Little Demoness

"It seems there are festivities happening outside?" Yin Hua Lei was disturbed by the faint noise.

Her Gao Le palace was situated in the northeastern part of the imperial city. She really liked it here because it was the quietest part of the capital mainly because the residents here were either of the royal family or of the higher ranking nobility.

But today, her ears picked up on large movements as though feet were stomping the ground at the same time and some cheering.

She deduced that soldiers were welcomed in the city.

"Mistress, this servant heard that the Huoyang troops have returned to the city. And the general's, Feng wang's household will permanently settle here." Xin Tao kindly filled in.

"Furthermore, Feng palace is just next door. This servant saw their procession. Their carriages are all pretty!" Xin Ling was obviously more gossipy but never did she breach proper etiquette.

Yin Hua Lei and the tenth princess had just finished their lunch and were having tea to help digestion.

This Xia Luyoung unexpectedly persisted to follow princess Gao Le around and even started calling her elder sister! The first time Yin Hua Lei heard it, she almost tripped!

Since then, Yin Hua Lei couldn't shake her off even if she wanted to. She didn't know if Xia Luyoung lost her head somewhere.

Good thing the tenth princess learned the art of keeping quiet these past few days. More accurately, she just couldn't take it whenever Yin Hua Lei stared at her for being too talkative.

When Xia Luyoung heard the two words Feng wang, she choked on her tea.

"Princess!" Her personal maid hurriedly took out a handkerchief to wipe her mouth and snot. But Xia Luyoung continued to cough out the tea.

Yin Hua Lei subtly narrowed her eyes at the girl. What kind of reaction was this?

Xin Tao and Xin Ling behind her were both expressionless. If it were other maids of a higher ranking lady, they would have crumpled their faces in disgust.

What kind of princess puts herself in such embarrassing situation?

But they were princess Gao Le's personal maids. They were even called princess Gao Le's fays for they followed their mistress' celestial footsteps.

By the end of the girl's coughing fit, her face was bright red due to the strain and embarrassment. But Yin Hua Lei didn't miss how the tenth princess' pupils shrunk in what could only be called fear.

"Forgive this princess, elder sister. Young'er needs to change clothes so I will withdraw first." She bowed while still obviously shaken.

Yin Hua Lei was now curious as she watched the tenth princess' sullen back.

She looked at Xin Tao who immediately got the hint.

"The tenth princess is pampered since birth. Although his Majesty is neither hot nor cold towards her, she was still spoiled by the Empress and her other prince and princess siblings, especially the third prince. Tenth princess only feared two people in her life. Now, she feared my lady for some reason, but back then the person she's scared of the most is her imperial uncle, Feng wang."

So that's what it was.

Even Yin Hua Lei had someone she feared. She still called that person Uncle Emperor though, because she admired him as much as she feared what he could do.

But Xia Luyoung's fear looked like she had been sentenced to death. How scary was this Feng wang shu[1]?

"Would mistress want more information on prince Feng?"