5) Breakfast in Bed (Prince!Varian AU)

You were carrying a large silver tray full of an assortment of fruits, biscuits and tea. You were Varian's personal servant and long time friend for as long as you could remember. Your father worked closely for the king and they quickly became friends outside of work. When the queen became pregnant with Varian, your mom just so happened to be pregnant with you as well, so you and Varian grew up together and became friends just as quickly and your father and the king did. When Varian became old enough to give out orders by himself, he didn't hesitate to find a way for you both to be closer together, which is why you now serve him. Yeah, it doesn't sound fun, but it's actually just you and Varian hanging out for the entire day and you getting stuff for him when he asks you to, which isn't often. But, this time, you wanted to surprise him with breakfast in bed because your 2 year anniversary of you working for him was coming up...

And because you wanted to see him with bed hair.

You used your hip to open up the golden lined double doors that led to his room. You flinched as it closed loudly behind you and almost made you drop the tray. You look to see Varian still sleeping soundly. You smile and put the tray on his nightstand and lightly tapped him with your finger. He scrunched up his nose and flipped the other way. You rolled your eyes and poked him more.

"Variannn, wake uuup." You said singsongy. He responded with a light groan. You, getting impatient, grabbed the pillow next to him and slammed it against his head. He screamed and sat up immediately.

"Ow!" He whined, rubbing the top his head.

"Wake up, sleepy head!" You exclaimed, laughing.

"I'm up, I'm up!" He retorted back. "Why'd you wake me up so early?" He rubbed his eyes. You grabbed his breakfast in bed table from inside his bedside cabinet and placed it on his lap. He looked at you with a raised brow. You smiled and placed the silver tray on the table.

"I wanted to make and serve you breakfast instead of Minerva. Just as a thank you." You ruffled his messy black hair. He gave you a half smile.

"A thank you for what exactly?" He said, putting a strawberry in his mouth.

"For giving me this job. I've been your 'servant' for almost 2 years now." You answered, doing air quotes around servant.

"Oh yeah, that's coming up, isn't it?"

"Mhm! Meaning that we'll have our second annual Fun Day with (Y/N) and Prince Varian!" You put your hands up as if you were visualizing a big bright sign. Varian chuckled.

"We sure will. And it'll be twice as fun as last year." He popped a blueberry in his mouth. You nodded in agreement and sat on the edge of the bed to watch him eat. After a few awkward seconds of silence, you heard him clear his throat. He then patted the spot next to him. You looked at him confused. He rolled his eyes.

"Sit next to me." He ordered.

"Pfft- why?" You raised your shoulders.

"So you can enjoy this nice breakfast with me." He smiled. You stared at him judgingly. He sighed. "Just sit next to me. Pleeaasee?"

You groaned jokingly and walked over to sit next to him, still on the edge of the bed. He sighed once more to make you move your legs onto the bed. He held a blueberry up to your mouth. You opened your mouth without hesitation and he put the sweet berry inside. Suddenly, as you chewed, he leaned down to kiss your cheek. They turned rose red as you looked at him. His cheeks were red as well.

"What was that for?" You asked, rubbing your cheek.

"...I-it's a thank you for breakfast... and for being there for me ever since we were young..." He looked away and rubbed the back of his neck. You giggled softly and went to kiss his cheek as well. His cheeks turned redder as he chewed his bottom lip. You smiled and rested your head on his shoulder.

"You better finish breakfast before your tea gets cold." You closed your eyes.

"I will, love. I will." He looked at you with pure ecstasy in his eyes as you rested on his shoulder.

His day couldn't have started any better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OKAy uhhh this was requested by sun020619 and i know this was super soon and super short but whatever we'll survive.

I tried my best to grammar check this but jrbghjvbeiewhfi----