a confession from the hero

hey! did u guys see the new trailer for the sequel to breath of the wild???? I'M SO EXCITED i actually screamed a lil when i saw it hehe

link is looking as cute as always and i'm in love with zelda's new haircut!!!!

i'm also thinking of maybe a sequel (when i'm done) to this book that it's set in the time of the new game?????????? who knows!!!

oh yeah i know i said this chapter would be long but it's super short! i'm so sorry!!! i kinda need to update my other book ('a knight's promise) and i've been busy writing chapters!! apologies and i will try to make the next chapter longer!

----------------------------------------------------

those words of link's never left your mind. 

they kept repeating over and over in your head, making your chest fill with warmth. you were currently in seabed inn, about to go to sleep from your long day. you were still a bit disappointed that you couldn't go with sidon and link, but you understood why. 

and that itself made you fall even more in love with the hero.

but the zora princess still lingered in your mind, images of link and mipha appeared and you shook your head. you frowned a little.

was link in love with her? does he not remember his feelings? will he stay in love with her? even after the calamity? and what about princess zelda? would he fall in love with her?

you sighed out loud and rolled over to the other side, letting your h/l hair fall onto your face. you tried your best to clear your mind and your eyelids slowly fell, your e/c orbs disappearing. you fell asleep, letting your mind rest.

——(link's p.o.v)——

link sighed and slowly walked over to the water bed next to sidon. he limped his way over and fell on top of it, his body gently bouncing from the strange bed. link thought of y/n, he thought of how he treated her and sighed again. he probably made her feel terrible during the argument they had. link then started to think about y/n's h/l h/c hair, and the way it slowly waved when it was in the wind. he closed his eyes and thought of when y/n would smile, her pearly teeth shining in broad daylight and her eyes creasing from the smile. he then thought about her eyes. goddesses, they were beautiful. link couldn't get enough of y/n and smiled wider. 

"you're in love with her, aren't you?"

link's eyes shot open and he whipped his head around to the zora prince laying down beside him in the other bed. link's cheeks grew hot and he shook his head, denying sidon's question. sidon laughed and smiled at link. 

"of course you are! look at the way you're acting! wow you must have strong feelings for her, she's not even here and even noticed!"

-

"i-it's not like that. we're good friends, she's great company."

-

"i bet she's great company in bed too."

link coughed and his bright blue eyes nearly fell out of his head.

"what?!"

sidon chuckled and murmured a 'nothing' and smirked, his yellow eyes looking away. sidon then glanced back at link and fell into a fit of laughter. 

link's face was red all over! his ears were tinted with a bright pigment and his blush covered his whole face, down to his neck. sidon laughed hysterically, his injury hurting a little from the hero next to him. link looked down, ashamed and embarrassed, and pouted. the prince's laughter died down and he wiped away his tears with his large hands. 

"sorry, link! that was too funny!"

-

"promise not to tell?"

-

"of course, you have my word. now, we should get some rest for tomorrow. vah ruta's been waiting a long time."

link nodded and wrapped the blanket around himself, his anxiety rising with every thought about vah ruta. even though he defeated two of the four divine beasts, he couldn't help but feel extremely nervous and distraught by vah ruta. 

maybe it was because mipha piloted it.