#86. One Last Time » Chris

*just beware, this imagine takes place on set of Avengers: Endgame, so there may be spoilers!*

You could feel the bittersweet feeling in the air as you walked onto the set of Avengers: Endgame. It was the movie everyone had been dreading for the past few years - both the fans and the cast. Especially Chris, who loved playing Captain America, and although he knew all good things must come to an end, he almost wished this was not one of those good things.

It was the last few days of filming, or rather re-filming as the Russo brothers had been calling back the cast to do re-shoots, and Chris decided he wanted to give you a tour of the set. With the okay of the directors, of course, and a promise that you wouldn't reveal anything you saw on that day.

The first thing you saw was Robert Downey Jr. and Mark Ruffalo dressed in their suits, Robert in his half Iron Man, half CGI suit, and Mark in his "man cancelling" suit.

"Hey guys," you said, walking up to them. "I'm looking for Chris. He's supposed to give me a tour of the set."

"Hm, I don't know if we can allow you on set, ma'am," Robert said. "Are you authorized personnel? You may be an insider going to leak spoilers to the world about the movie."

You scoffed and rolled your eyes. "Very funny, Robert. Just tell me where Chris is and I'll close my eyes and pretend like I didn't see anything."

"I'm right here baby," Chris said, walking up to you in Captain America costume. "Don't mind Robert, he's just being himself." Robert rolled his eyes playfully. "Come with me, I'll show you around."

You followed Chris onto the set. The current set was what seemed like a bunch of rocks and rubble on a green screen. You couldn't help but notice that part of Chris' face was covered in makeup dirt.

"So, what's going on with this scene?" you asked. "Why are you all fake dirty?"

Chris chuckled. "Well, this is the final climactic battle at the end of Endgame with Thanos. All the heroes in the MCU are coming together to fight his army. I took him one on one for a bit, thus the dirt. I had the helmet on so half my face is dirty."

"You look badass," you note. Chris smiled and wrapped his arm around you.

He showed you around the set of the final battle and introduced you to some of the actors that you hadn't met before. You talked with them for a bit, although none of them would tell you anything about the movie in fear of getting in trouble with the directors.

You found out there was a strict "no phones" rule put in place, although most of the cast had broken that in between filming to take pictures and videos that they would be keeping a secret until the movie actually came out and the "spoiler ban" that was about to be put in place was lifted. Hearing of the rule, your phone in your pocket suddenly felt heavy like a brick. You had to remind yourself to not check it at all while you were on set so no one thought you were sending people spoilers.

Once you had seen the set, Chris showed you where you could sit to watch the rest of filming for the day with the rest of the crew over by the snack table. He was telling you how filming had been going that day when Anthony Russo, one of the directors, approached you both.

"Hey, you must be (Y/N)," he said. "I'm Anthony, one half of the Russo Brothers. Nice to meet you."

"You too," you said, shaking his hand. You suddenly felt extremely self conscious for some reason. You knew there was no reason to, Anthony was essentially just Chris' boss, just another person. But he was also half of the duo directing this huge movie 10 years in the making. Not to mention said movie was supposed to be strictly a secret and you now knew some of the secrets of it.

"We're glad to have you on set," Anthony said. "Chris has been begging us to let you come here forever. I mean, we were going to let him bring you on regardless, we just wanted to get some important stuff filmed first."

"The climatic battle isn't important?" you asked.

"Well, it is obviously, but it's something that everyone knows is going to happen. The Avengers are going to fight Thanos, we all know that's going to happen. But we wanted to get some of the more smaller, more secret things filmed first," Anthony explained. "We're gonna start filming the next scene now, so enjoy. Remember, no phones and no videos. If you spoil anything, we'll send Thanos after you."

You nervously chuckled before lowering yourself into the chair and sitting quietly.

You watched as they filmed the ending battle, watching in awe as you expected the audience would when they saw it in theaters. Obviously, it would probably look a whole lot cooler when the special effects and CGI were added in, which made you more excited to see it in theaters. It would be like seeing the scene again for the first time.

Hours passed, the scene was filmed to the point where you probably didn't need to film it, it was etched in your brain. You could probably repeat it word for word if anyone asked, and even attempt to act out the actions of it. Finally, the Russos called a wrap on the scene and let the actors change out of their wardrobes and go home for the night.

When Chris came out from getting changed, his face was clean and he was wearing the sweatpants and hoodie he arrived in that morning. "Did you drive here?"

You shook your head. "No, I took a cab. Got dropped off like a block over and walked the rest of the way. I'm really serious about this secret stuff."

Chris chuckled. "Alright, well, if you want you can come back to my place for the night. I don't have any scenes to film tomorrow, so I don't need to be up at the crack of dawn."

You smiled and agreed. You got into Chris' car and he began to drive home. You were shocked to see the time, you felt like you had only been in watching the filming for an hour tops, but it had been several hours. It was dark outside and suddenly, the feeling of tiredness was catching up with you.

You rested your head against the window, listening to the soft sounds of whatever song was on the radio playing at a low volume.

"How does it feel?" you asked. "To be filming this movie, I mean. It feels like such a big deal but I know for you, for a lot of the original six Avengers, it's the last Marvel movie you'll do."

"It feels...sad," Chris admitted. "I mean not the movie, I'm so honored to be a part of something as big as Infinity War and Endgame and the MCU in general, but I've grown so attached to this character in these past few years. I'd like to go on and do stuff that's not Marvel related and all, but I'm really going to miss being Steve Rogers."

"You'll always be Steve Rogers," you told him. "At least, to me you will be."

Chris smiled and reached over to hold your hand. You smiled back, giving his hand a squeeze.

Wow more drabbles blah I hate it. Whatever. Dedicated to tanijatasnim