chapter 31

san wooyoung

san wooyoung

hands neatly settled into his pockets and feet occasionally scuffing the dirt, wooyoung was strolling at a comfortable pace alongside hyunjin, the two boys, truth be told; silently enjoying each other's company.

"how was the test?" hyunjin asked finally, breaking the silence and glancing over at him.

wooyoung's mouth twisted secretively and quirked an eyebrow at his friend, removing indigo streaks from his eyes with a casual flick of his head. "let's just say someone's going to be granting me a wish."

the other made the wise decision not to question this, simply kicking at his ankle lightly.

"thank god they're over." hyunjin added, regarding the tests they'd been having. "we get to go on that field trip now."

wooyoung nodded in agreement. "honestly figured they'd cancel it because of what went down last time they had the trip."

hyunjin shrugged unknowingly, humming before suggesting; "it's sort of tradition, so they can't just cancel it that easily. there'd be way too much objection."

"true." their conversation was casual, easier than it had been in the last few weeks.

wooyoung was grateful that his friend, one of the few people he actually could tolerate seemed to be going back to normal with him now.

and there didn't have to be secrets between them anymore.

"are you going to try smuggle jeongin on the trip?" wooyoung feigned teasing interest, referring to something many students had done before them in bringing uninvited guests along.

hyunjin looked at him calculatingly before shrugging nonchalantly. "nah. but i'm not sure why you're suddenly interested since it's pretty damn obvious yang jeongin is not your favourite person."

he cringed inwardly, realizing his feelings were probably not very subtle. "i was just wondering, dude."

yeah, 'just wondering' so he could prepare himself for any unwelcome heists the younger might try to pull. the trip was tomorrow, and things with he and san were too good right now for anyone to disrupt that again.

"on second thought," hyunjin began thoughtfully, deviating his own plans within a subtle smirk. "i might just bring him."

•••

they all gathered in front of the school the next morning, groaning complaints sounding among tired students combined with excited and anticipating chatter. wooyoung and san stood shoulder to shoulder, the latter sporting a bright dimpled smile and practically skipping on the spot.

that was the only reason wooyoung couldn't complain about having to rise from his bed before it suited him and agreeing to carry both of their bags like the good boyfriend he was.