Four

Being beamed up by a unknown alien spaceship was not what Emil had pictured his day going

Being beamed up by a unknown alien spaceship was not what Emil had pictured his day going. Above him, the unconscious wizard had been pulled into a round hole, disappearing within the dark belly of the ship. Kicking out as the entrance grew closer, Emil succeeded in flipping himself upside down. Below him, Peter was struggling in the beam's glare, precious few feet away from Emil's grasp.

"Emil!" Peter called, hand reaching out desperately. Emil stretched but there was inches separating their grasp.

"Peter!" Emil cried as his feet was sucked into the ship. He pointed to his right ear where the com was nestled hidden behind his mask. Even if they were separated, they would be able to keep in contact. Peter nodded, face worried as Emil was fully absorbed into the ship. The hatch closing behind him.

The gloom of the ship was blinding compared to the light outside. It took a second for Emil's eyes to adjust, even with his night vision. It was all the lizard Alien needed to lift him powerless into the air as he levitated the body of the wizard on to a platform in front of a control panel. Emil made no effort to struggle as he was moved around the room. The alien was concentrating on the wizard, chaining him up with inch thick iron before approaching the control panel. A huge window opened up in the wall in front, New York City lying below a blue sky. The ship began to hum, turning a moving outwards back towards space.

Anxiety rose in Emil's throat. "Oi", he shouted, struggling and twisting in the air. "What do you want with me?"

The alien looked at him as if he was a toddler with a tantrum. With a wave of his hand, Emil was flung into a corner with a clang. The impact sent pain throbbing through him and he groaned. "Hush child", the alien said in his creepy patronising voice, lifting Emil up into the air before him. "My great lord Thanos has plans for the stones, and if I'm right about you then you shall join those plans".

Emil had no idea what the Alien was talking about but it didn't sound good. "Fuck Thanos!" He spat. "I'm not going to be apart of his stupid plans".

The alien smirked. "Oh you will, or you will perish. I've had enough of this chatter". He waved a hand as if he was conducting a orchestra and Emil was pinned into the corner of the room within the shadows. Metal lifted up around his body, wrapping it in a cold and immovable embrace. Two pieces slithered forwards, one covering his jaw and mouth whilst the other melted over his eyes, fixing his head still.

"Better", the Alien remarked as more metal sealed itself around him. "You can sit there silently until I remember you".Under the weight of the iron and the constriction around his torso had him feeling light headed, unable to breathe in the dark. Flashes of the battle against the vulture over a year ago where Emil and Peter had been buried under a collapsing building had Emil panicking. Back then, when he was unable to breathe under the rubble, Peter had lifted him free. But this time Emil was stuck in a ship moving rapidly through space without Peter to pull him free. Overwhelmed, he fainted.