Graduation and friends

Shooting up she let out a choked scream.

Her chest heaved as she gripped the fabric over her hear.

Why am I thinking about them again she grit lifting her hand and tugging on her sliver hair in irritation.

"Today's the day," she whispered to herself as she got up and out of bed.

"Let's go Kenny we have a supposedly eventful day ahead of us," she chirped patting the sleepy dog on the head as she skipped around her apartment.

———

Upon sliding the door open the Ishikawa let out a deep sigh.

It wasn't that she was particularly worried about this exam, it was more of again having to interact with people her age.

As she took her seat next to Shikamaru, who of course had his head down. She mumbled a tired 'good morning' and followed his lead.

———

"Hey," whispered a lazy voice.

"Amaya," it chided again tapping her on the shoulder.

She shot up like a bullet and grabbed Shikamaru's wrist.

"Whoa cool it!" He said holding up his other hand in defense.

She blinked at his for a moment before coming to her senses.

"O-Oh my gosh," she breathed letting him go immediately.

"I'm really sorry, did I hurt you?" she said apologetically profusely. This, just made him further embarrassed as he waived his hands dismissively.

"No it was my bad I shouldn't have-,"

"Amaya Ishikawa!" A voice yelled to the two lone figures left in the room.

The both looked at one another, then to their sensei.

"C-Coming!" She said standing and making her way down the steps.

"I'll see you around Shikamaru," she hummed over her shoulder before jogging out the door.

He watched her figure disappear with only a slight dust of blush across his cheeks.

"Troublesome," he sighed before putting his head back down.

I don't like troublesome...

———

"Mom mom look I passed," A random child in the sea of graduated yelled to his parents.

Happy chatter filled the air as the academy was bathed in the glow of sunset. The students happily told their parents how they did showing off their brand new headbands.

Or, most of them at least.

Amaya stood looking for a certain blonde when she heard the hushed whispers of two women.

"Did you see, the boy didn't pass,"

"Good, a Demon like him shouldn't even be aloud to take the test,"