First World | Extra [ 1 ]

* grab a drink <3

[ First World | EXTRA 1 ]

The surroundings that late morning were dewy. As there was an abundance of lush greenery around, there was an infrequent dripping of water. Sometimes when the droplets hit hollow material, the sound which emanated was different from the rest. Due to this, amidst the absolute silence that came from within the unassuming period home set in the mountains nearby, there was a euphonious serenade of nature.

Although Wang Sect was primarily gifted with tame weather for seven months of the year, where-in produce and livestock flourished, it was all down to the foundations that were laid during the other five months— the damp months. Vital nutrients were compacted into the soil, ready for growing season.

People who were born and raised in Wang, knew of the fine balance between the two sides. They adapted as their ancestors did; living harmoniously with their surroundings. Tourists, or those who recently emigrated, always struggled in the first year; like toddlers trying to find their balance. Tales upon tales were spoken of the blue-skies and beautiful bronzed skin of those inhabitants of the large and diplomatic land.

Many didn't last in this particular area, as they were on the outskirts and received the brunt force of mother-nature when the seasons dramatically shifted. So many either dug deeper into their pockets for more coin in order to relocate to the heart of Wang Sect, where the worst of the weather was liveable, or they packed-up and moved elsewhere. This was an expected occurrence by the locals who were dotted around the thriving mountainous terrain, smiling and saying goodbye to each and every new family who had once taken up residence.

But this wasn't the case for one small estate. Though considered on the smaller size, its quality was high, having once been completely scalped by old owners who tried to make a new life for themselves in the region. They, as all others had before them, left after completing their project. With nothing else do to, they became immensely unstimulated. And seeing as these families came from locations where they were likely isolated from those surrounding them— blinded by their own wealth— they weren't willing to mingle with the locals.

The estate left behind was beautiful. It was designed with the purpose of blending in with its surroundings. Embracing nature and making the most out of it. Unlike the typical image of an 'estate', which was likely blocked in by a wall to make a clear point, this one was opened up. The only visible sign of the building being owned or built by someone with money behind them, was a ornately-crafted archway. But even that suited the area, the wood-work that was dyed a deep crimson, was shaped into a soft-in-appearance arch; giving off a welcoming appearance.

There was no harsh ridges or bold colours that would intimidate visitors or passerby's.

Beyond that, through the archway, was a staircase made out of stone. Uniform and befitting of its location. Flourishing plant-life, deliberately selected for its ability to bloom whilst under the shaded canopy of the dominating trees all around, cascaded from the top to the bottom of the stairs. Only when climbing the stairs, was the true beauty of the simple building able to be seen.

It was built slightly into the side of the small mountain, and in attempts to reduce the amount of damage that was done to the beautiful scenery, various decisions had been made architecturally. Stand-alone posts, shrouded with light green moss formed different walkways of the building. On top of the posts was a variety of simple roofing material, varying sizes and coloured shale directed the remaining droplets down the side and linger on the edges, before dripping to the ground.

The corridors formed a courtyard, wrapping around an intimate area that acted like a sun-trap. And like the courtyard, there were other locations where there was no roof, other than the ones being held up by the posts everywhere else. Because of the that, vines were able to grow along the shale and wind its way down the posts. Spectacularly coloured and scented wild flowers that grew within added to the overall charm of the small and tucked-away home.