Part 1

//Welcome to my new story the art being provided for this story is by the amazing artist hititboils on Twitter go give them a follow

Every angel is put through the test. To become a true golden angel and earn their halo an angel will be put through a test, they will be put into the human world and must spend 5 months with a demon, they have to avoid falling into sin or else they fail.

Right now Nolan was on his first day of that test and he was already done with the demon he got paired with. A narcissistic, mean, and rude demon with blond hair and blue eyes, his name was Lou.

"You know your not that pretty for an angel aren't they supposed to be beautiful and flawless?" He asked as he looked at brown haired angel. Nolan looked caught off guard by that insult "Well each angel is beautiful in their own special way," he said with a small smile lou rolled his eyes with a scoff "Gross you guys really are as innocent as you can get" he said looking back to the mirror fixing his collar on his shirt. Nolan bit his lip to keep himself quite as he had to remind himself to be civil and treat the demon with respect and kindness.

Lou turned from his reflection and leaned on the desk in the room "So Angel I never caught your name" he said with a calm smile. Nolan looked at him as even Lou's smile seemed mischievous "My names Nolan" he said with a small smile "hm Nolan that's.. different" he said looking at him "Well Nolan~" he leaned down toward the Brunette making the brunette lean back a little into his white wings "Care to explain what this all is to me? I was told a little about this but not alot" he said those blue eyes staring down at the angel making him swallow "Well it's a test for me to get my halo. I will just say that much" he said and Lou chuckled "oh you don't want to tell me the rest?" He asked with a playful smirk his devil's tail swaying in a playful manner. Nolan shook his head "No look let's just get settled in for now ok?" He said as he glanced at the small suitcase he had taken with him. Lou shrugged "Fine I'm not stopping you doll face" he said with a wink.

Nolan rolled his eyes but stood up and started to unpack, the room the two shared was rather small with a bed on each side of it, outside of their room was a living space as well as a small kitchen with a table and a small window. The two were in a small apartment on the good and bad side of town depending on which way you went on the street.

Lou's eyes watched Nolan unpack his clothes but his eyes mainly were on the brunettes large white feathery wings. He hadn't seen an angels wings up close unless they had been a dirty angel or a black angel which was just an angel who had given into sin and was now stuck in hell. Nolan's wings seemed pure white almost as if they had a glow about them that just attracted Lou to them, the blond held his hand out and reached out petting over the feathers making Nolan stiffen with a squeak. He looked over his shoulder "What are you doing?" He asked "Nothing" Lou stated plainly.

The angel looked him up and down as he hadn't felt someone touch his wings before it felt odd and kind of sent a tingly sensation up his back. His green and violet eyes slowly went back to his suitcase as he laid out some of the clothes he brought but immediately stiffened feeling a sharp pain in his right wing "Ow!" He turned around seeing Lou holding a white feather in his fingers twirling it as he looked it over. Nolan watched this but his heart sank a little when he watched the feather turn black from top the bottom, Lou chuckled and let it fall to the floor "Hm Something wrong angel?" He asked using the name as a nickname now. Nolan shook his head "No" he said going back to unpacking but the image of the feather losing It's purity and turning black was now burned into his brain and stuck on replay.

Once Nolan had unpacked he smiled proudly, his bed was made with the sheets he had brought, his clothes were put away in the dresser or hung up and his suitcase was tucked away under the bed. Everything was perfect. He checked the time and smiled "Oh it's around dinner time Lou would you like to help me with dinner?" He asked kindly. The blond demons eyes shifted from the phone in his hands to Nolan "I guess I could but I really don't want to" he said looking back to his phone. The freckled male shrugged "suit yourself" he said walking out of the room and to the kitchen, he grabbed a pot down and opened up the cabinets to see if he could find soup of some kind to make sandwiches with but found the cabinets were bare.

Oh no. Nolan thought as this meant he would have to use some of the money he had to but food for him and Lou as he wasn't going to let the demon starve. That would be cruel. Then again he didn't want to tell them they would have to go out to get something because he really didn't want to go out with Lou it would be to East for him to accidentally fall into a trick of some kind or some kind of sin he didn't realize. He shook his head and groaned. What a choice to make.

Nolan walked back to the bedroom and poked his head in looking at lou on the bed. Nolan's brows furrowed in worry but he put on a kind smile "Lou?" He asked "Would you want to come with me to the store we don't have anything to eat," he said stepping into full view. Lou's eyes looked up from his phone and slowly looked over his shoulder to the angel watching him stiffen up under his gaze "Hm sure I would love to come with you~" he said with a happy smile that made Nolan a bit uneasy. What was going on in this sly demons head?