The Reckoning: Part 2

Slight gore ⚠️

Sophie's mind snapped back to the present as she remembered where she was and what situation she was in. She had a mission. Shaking her head she looked at the bright California sunlight reflecting off the ocean of the beach she was standing on. A terrorist organization was going to attack this beach today, planning to launch their new initiative in the United States. She adjusted the wedgie of her deep red bikini and felt around the purse for the weapons that she had concealed inside it earlier. To everyone else on the beach she was an unusually beautiful girl, dressed in a sexy red bikini with a Louis Vuitton purse hanging on her arm and Gucci heeled sandals on her feet. She strutted on the sand, looking for her target. Finally her eyes landed on him, a man in his early thirties, brown hair and blue eyes, handsome in the human standard, but Sophie had seen way too many elves for any human to be handsome, one particular blond haired, blue eyed elf staying in her thoughts. She shook her head more vigorously, for that was in her old life and this is her new life. She walked more confidently towards the man, Carson Richards, head of a multibillion dollar industry, and undercover helper to a terrorist organization. In his pocket were the override keys to to bombs that the terrorists would place on the beach, trapping the people there for a bloodbath. And she was going to get the keys, but it would take a little but of encouragement. The seduction kind.

She walked up toward Carson, noticing the way his breath caught when he saw her and smiling sweetly, beckoning for him to follow her toward a darkened area of the beach that was overshadowed by a cliff. He followed without protest signaling for his bodyguards to stay behind. All the better, she would have two less people to knock unconscious. She leaned against the rock wall, leaning forward as if she was going to whisper in his ear, and then inflicting a huge amount of pain into his body. She held her hand over his mouth to stifle his pained cries as he crumpled to the ground. She ruffled through his pockets, pulling out the key, and wiping his memories so all he would remember was walking over to the overpass alone and laying down for a nap. She walked back to the common area of the beach waiting for the terrorists to attack. As she sat on the beach towel she felt eyes boring into the back of her swimsuit. She turned around, glaring at a group of what looked like a bunch of high school boys, definitely popular at their school, leering at her shamelessly and catcalling with glee. Sophie rolled her eyes, not only was she too old for them at 22, but she was way out of their league and they knew it. She turned back toward the ocean, still not able to shake the feeling of being watched. She looked toward where the feeling was coming from, only to find heat waves forming off the hot sand. Sophie shook her head, (for the trillionth time),  and focused on her mission. Suddenly, she heard screams of terror from the other side of the beach. She turned to see a group of men in green clothing shooting AK's into the air with giant bombs strapped to their chests.

So it was a suicide bombing then.

She rolled her eyes, for she knew that she would have to get the men unconscious before she could disarm the bombs. She walked slowly toward the men, watching them glance, confused at each other, not expecting one of their victims to walk toward the danger. She grinned, taking off her sunglasses and sprinting forward with inhuman speed (because she's an elf), and snatching all of their guns out of their hands and throwing them to the ground. When they tried to grab them back she laughed with glee, saying "Nuh uh boys, didn't anyone ever teach you how to play fair?".
She tossed the guns into the ocean, turning to face 3 angry men who were ready to fight her until they killed her, and other people. She smiled again, getting into an imitation of the fighting stance the men were in. The first man roared in outrage, swinging a fist toward Sophie's face. She easily dodged the weak punch and nailed him in the jaw, knocking him unconscious. Yes, she still had Dex's Sucker Punch bracelet after all these years. She turned to see the next man lunge toward her trying to pin her on the ground. She spun out of the way, knocking him on the ground instead and he was out cold with another well placed punch to the face. She faced the final man, smarter than his comrades at least, who stayed in his location a few paces away from Sophie, letting Sophie attack on the offensive. She sprinted toward him and got him into a headlock, holding his body that was struggling for air, before finally releasing him and and punching him in the face. He fell into a crumpled heap beside his comrades, all of them knocked unconscious. She quickly disarmed all of the bombs, and after she finished she still felt the uneasy feeling that she was being watched, she turned again, only to see more heat waves reflecting off of the ocean. She shook her head, (again) and walked away from the shoreline. Suddenly she felt a searing pain in her stomach. Looking down, she saw blood gushing from a wound in her stomach, the blood staining her red bikini bottom a deep maroon. She clutched her stomach in pain, turning to find her attacker staring at her with a face full of anger.

Carson.

He held out a pistol and calmly reloaded it, watching as Sophie clutched her stomach in excruciating pain.
"Hands above your head," he said in a flat voice. "Or that swimsuit your wearing will be dyed an even deeper red."

Sophie gritted her teeth, the wound gushing out more blood as the pressure was removed. Her heads went above her head, trembling slightly. The blood dripped down her torso and onto her legs. Sophie felt herself getting dizzy, the blood loss making her head spin. She shivered, suddenly cold despite the warm sunlight that still shone in the sky.

"Do you know how much this is going to cost me?" Carson said in an angry voice.
"Me and the boss have been planning this for months, everything was taken into account! I spent millions just to make sure everything would go to plan, and I was supposed to make billions off of the group taking control of the city!" His voice grew louder and louder as he spoke, every word becoming more muffled as more and more blood dropped out of her body.

"Is this the end?" She thought sadly, "Is my journey really over here, without ever seeing my family again?"

Sophie fell to her knees, collapsing in a heap on the soft sand, her blood staining it red. She looked up to see the same heatwaves from before, and she knew she was losing blood fast because it looked like they were multiplying. Sophie felt the world growing dark, and she slipped into a sleep she wasn't sure she would wake up from.