Chapter 31: Sarcastic Slytherin

Draco was sitting on the sofa in the empty Common Room, staring at the fireplace with a blank stare.

Two hours after the two parted, Katherine still hasn't come down from their bedroom.

The sound of footsteps nearing made him look up, only to see Pansy and Tony arriving.

"Hey," the Hufflepuff greeted him with a smile.

The blonde just gave them a nod, then he turned his eyes back towards the fire.

"Draco," Pansy tried getting his attention.

"What?"

"Blaise is looking for you."

"I'm sure he'll stop when he realises I'm nowhere to be found, so don't worry."

The girl rolled her eyes at his response.

"He kind of figured that you'd be in here."

"Oh, did he? Perhaps he should be in Ravenclaw with that bright mind of his."

"Is something wrong?" Tony asked with a worried expression.

"No."

"Then you should go and find him," Pansy crossed her arms on her chest. "He said he wanted to talk."

"Talk? Man, I was hoping that he'd want to serenade me or something."

"Okay, enough! Get up and go find your friend!"

"Unfortunately I'm kind of busy right now, so I'll have to pass."

"You're not doing anything!" She raised her voice at him.

"Wow, you're quick to judge, Pansy."

"Why, what are you doing if not nothing?"

"Waiting."

"For what?"

"For you to start minding your own business."

"Oof," Tony put his hand over his heart.

"I will, once you get up and leave," she furrowed her eyebrows at Draco.

"What could be so important anyway? I'm sure he can wait until tomorrow."

"He's your best friend!"

"Exactly, I'm sure he'll understand."

"He won't, once I tell him that you ditched him just to sit around by yourself."

"Don't be like this, Pansy. You're obviously not the best, but you're not a nobody. You can just tell him that I was sitting around with you."

"Oof part two," the Hufflepuff commented.

"Bold of you to assume I was going to stay here with you," she scoffed.

"Oh, so you're not going to? How sad."

"Okay, I have no idea what's gotten into you, but I'm sure a chat with your best friend can make you feel better, so get out."

Draco let out a big sigh, glancing towards the staircase in the process.

"I can't."

"I think you can, and you will! Come on, go!"

After a few seconds of hesitating, he stood up from his seat.

"Whatever he has to say better be important," he said, walking towards the exit.

The moment he disappeared from their sight, the Slytherin let out a relieved sigh.

"Finally!"

The two of them sat down, making themselves comfortable on the sofa.

"He seemed really off, though," Tony pouted slightly. "I wonder what happened to him."

"Probably nothing, he's just being himself," she shrugged.

"I hope so."

They fell silent for a short while, then she looked at him again.

"Anyway... What was that thing that you wanted to tell me?"

"I don't want to, it's you who keeps asking about it!"

"So you're not going to tell me what that girl told you?"

"I swear, it wasn't –"

In the middle of his sentence, he stopped, listening to the nearing sound of footsteps.

"Do you hear that?"

"Don't try to change the subject, Adams!"

"Shh!" He put his finger up to his mouth.

A few seconds later Katherine appeared at the top of the staircase.

"Oh, it's just you," Tony sighed. "Hello, Kat."

"Hi," she gave them a faint smile, glancing around the room. "Where's Draco?"

"He left," Pansy answered her.

"He... Okay, thanks," she nodded, turning around and walking back towards their room.

"Why is everyone so weird today?" Tony furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Why don't you tell me? You're also one of those people, you should know."

"Please, stop! Just let it go, okay? You're only going to be mad if I tell you!"

"Then try me!"

"Fine. She said –"

Walking as fast as he could, Draco started looking for Blaise.

So he wanted to talk but didn't care to share where he would be waiting for me. How smart.

After a few minutes of searching, he found him near the Slytherin Common Room.

"Hey!" Blaise greeted him with a smile.

"Hi. What do you want?"

"Wow, no need to be so nice, Draco. You're going to make me cry."

"I absolutely will if you don't start talking, so what's up?"

"Nothing, I just thought we could hang out," he shrugged. "Why?"

"I can't believe this... Pansy told me you had something important to say!"

"She did? Well, she probably just wanted to get rid of you," he chuckled. "Thanks for coming, though."

"You're welcome. If that's all, then I'll go back now."

"Hey, we should really do something now that you came all the way here."

"But –"

"Let's go inside," Blaise pointed towards the entrance of the Common Room. "It's been a while since we were in there."

"I should really –"

"Come on, it'll be fun!"

While the two of them were heading there, Draco let out a small sigh, hoping that Katherine didn't end up needing anything.

A/N:

Hi! I returned! (Better late than never, right?)

I think I'm safe to say that I'm officially done with my exams/finals/whatever, so I should really be able to update sooner than I usually do now.

Thank you all so much for your feedback, it makes me so happy that you are enjoying the story! Thanks for keeping me motivated with your nice comments, they honestly mean so much to me! 💛

Thank you for reading and have an awesome day!