25

(PETER POV)

Wack.

Where is May when I need her? I stared at myself in the hotel mirror, trying to pick out a shirt. If I wore yellow, was I being distracting? I didn't want Mila staring at my cardinal yellow button-down, and not looking at me.

Not that she'd be looking at me.

I bit my lip, and decided to go with a short-sleeve navy one. I ran my hand through my hair, and flashed the mirror a cheeky grin. No, that's not right. A smirk! God no, I look like an idiot. What if I just didn't smile? No, she'd think I'm bored, and I could never be bored around her.

I broke a sweat in anxiousness, and fumbled around the pocket of my jeans for my phone. I opened the message chain with Ned, and started typing frantically.

Me

I have a date with Mila

Not a date

How do I take back a message

Help

Ned it's not a date I'm freaking out

Man in the chair

If it's not a date why are you scared

Get your love life together

Are we talking about Mila Waters?

Me

The only Mila I talk about

Who else idiot

What do I do

Man in the chair

Well where are you going

Me

A cafe

I kind of want to buy her coffee

is that weird

Man in the chair

Just play it cool

Charm her

Flirt with her

Me

No way can I flirt

Man in the chair

Kiss her

Marry her

Have her children

Me

NED

I CAN'T HAVE HER CHILDREN

I'M OF THE MALE GENDER

Man in the chair

you sound like a girl sometimes

When's your voice going to drop

Maybe you are one

That would be so cool

What a power move

Me

I'M NOT A GIRL

And I'm not going to marry her

She doesn't like me

Man in the chair

Then why are you trying so hard

???

Wow peter

Got you there

Well have fun lover boy

Don't conceive her child

Me

I'm not talking to you

Man in the chair

Fair enough.

Uncle Ned has a nice ring to it tho

Seen at 1:47

I shoved my phone back into my pocket, and realized my ears were beet red. I pinched my cheeks in an attempt to make me look normal, and rushed out of the house.

May says to never make a girl wait for you, so I have to get there early.

........

I'm finding it really hard not to kiss her.

Neither of us are speaking at the moment, but I can see the thoughts racing through her head. I don't think she realizes it, but she bites her lip when she's nervous. It's so freaking cute, I have to resist the urge to tell her.

"You're nervous," I pointed out, "is everything okay?"

She stared at me in instant embarrassment, and I regretted saying that. Now she knows I'm paying attention to her every move. God Peter, stop being so weird. Finally I'm sitting across from the most beautiful girl in the world, and I'm screwing it up.

"Yeah! Everything's great," she mumbled, "sorry, I'm not feeling too well."

Oh no. May said that sometimes people pretend their sick when they need an excuse to leave the conversation. I screwed up, didn't I? I messed up yesterday too.

"Oh god," I said, "do you need me to walk you home? I can walk you home, please don't feel like you have to be here because of me-"

"I'll be okay, I promise."

"Okay. okAY. Yes, you're fine, why am I so worried. Sorry, I just-"

"You're worried about me?"

I paused. Was she surprised? A flick of hope rushed through my heart, as I replayed the way she said it in my mind. You're worried about me? It was like she was happy about it, like she wanted me to care about her.

"If I said yes, please don't think I'm creepy or anything. I just care about your health!"

"I don't see how anyone could find that creepy," she mentioned, "I think you're the nervous one now."

Well how could I not be nervous? I'm talking to my crush in Germany. GERMANY. And oh god, I said it. I actually admitted it unknowingly.

I like Mila Waters.