twenty three | morning

I sit down on the edge of Elijah's bed and slide off his pants.

I mean the pants he gave me to wear, not the pants he is wearing...

I fold them and place them beside me, then get my belt and buckle it around my waist.

"Want me to put your boots on for you?" Elijah teases and he slowly buttons up his shirt.

I smile and hand it to him. He raises his eyebrows in shock. "Really? I thought you only let me take them off last night because of the wine."

I shrug. "I mean I've known you forever. Letting you put my boots on for me isn't the end of the world."

He rolls up his sleeves and kneels down. I feel him tense slightly, and from where his gaze is focused, I can tell it's because he can see my underwear from his position.

He slides the boot onto my leg and slowly zips it up. Instead of finishing the second one, he stands up. "I can't do it. I'm sorry."

"What? Why?" I ask.

"I'm still a guy, Bree. Even though I'm so deep in the friendzone you'd let me get that close to you without it meaning anything, I do still get turned on," he explains.

He starts putting on his tie, still not making eye contact with me. I put the second boot on myself and then stand up and walk up to him.

I take the tie out of his hands and finish tying it myself, doing it a little tighter than necessary. I use the tie pull him closer. "I may be a girl, but I get turned on, too. Especially when you dress like this," I state.

He is wearing a white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, black jeans and a plain black tie. It is so sexy.

"Especially with your morning voice, telling me that I'm turning you on. Especially when your hair is still all ruffled." I run my hands through his dark hair and he groans and pulls my body flush against him.

"Don't," he says through gritted teeth. The look on his face tells me exactly what he wants to do to me, but I can see he is holding back.

The door swings open and Elijah and I jump away from each other, basically to the other end of the room.

Thank goodness someone interrupted us. I clearly make very bad decisions. Then I'm like 'whoops' and carry on doing it.

Whoops.

I turn to look at the person who walked in without knocking. Jamie is leaning back against the wall with his arms crossed and a smug look on his face. "Well, well, well. What do we have here?"

"Hey, Baby J," I greet with an innocent smile. Being a hitman means have to be good at looking innocent.

"Oh, no. Don't 'hey, Baby J' me. Did you two sleep together? Spill," he demands.

I open my mouth to immediately deny his accusation, but he talks before I can get a word out.

"Are you using my friend for sex?" he interrogates me. "What are your intentions with him?"

I wonder what his reaction would be if I told him the truth. "We didn't have sex, Jamie. Don't get ahead of yourself."

His eyes widen and he walks closer to the two of us. "If you didn't have sex, does that mean you two... cuddled? Did you kiss?"

I glance at Elijah, not knowing what to say. We did kiss and I guess I did sleep in Elijah's arms, but I hadn't thought of it as cuddling.

"Oh my lord! You did! Will there be a puppy at the wedding? How many children do you plan to have? Can I be your flower girl?" Jamie looks excited.

I have to stop myself from facepalming. "Jamie! It was one kiss. That's it."

He doesn't seem to believe a word. "Mhm, I think that's how Romeo and Juliet— Wait, bad example, they both die. Uh, that's how... literally every cheesy romance movie starts."

Well, this is the opposite of a romance movie. I murder people. I don't get a happily ever after. I don't deserve to be happy.

At first I thought killing bad guys would make me the good guy, but I was wrong. It just made me worse than the bad guys.

"That kiss meant nothing, though. Right, Elijah?" I glance at him.

He looks at me and hesitates. Usually he has a very straight posture, probably because of his ego, but I notice his shoulders slouch. "Uh, yeah. We were drunk. It meant nothing," he says, brushing off Jamie's accusations.

"Shut up. You barely ever get drunk and you told me that you are crazy about—" Jamie is cut off by Elijah.

"Alcohol? Yeah, I mean, not usually but last night I wasn't thinking straight. You know, with the test coming up in biophysics and everything. Lots of stress."

I frown. That doesn't make sense? Why would he be crazy about alcohol but never get drunk. That is not what Jamie was about to say.

I'll ask Jamie about it later.

'Leave', I see Elijah angrily mouth to Jamie.

"What? I'm sorry, I didn't quite get that." Jamie smirks.

"I'm going to kick you," he warns. Jamie chuckles and leaves, shutting the door as he goes.

"This is stupid, right?" he asks, referring to the way he is dressed. He pulls off the tie and starts unbuttoning his shirt.

"No, I like it. It's hot. I mean, I'm sure other girls will think it's hot," I correct. Smooth, Bree.

He leaves the tie off but re-does the buttons to his shirt. "I'm glad you also felt nothing last night. Didn't want to hurt your feelings by saying anything," he says.

I nod and smile. "Yeah, don't worry, my feelings are still intact."

He stares at the ground, looking slightly disappointed. "I'm going to work. You can hang out with J or you can leave. Up to you." He walks out the room and I hear his footsteps getting softer as he goes down the stairs.

I'm going to interrogate Jamie.

•<•>•

Yaaaas ...

Have you guys ever been to Thailand? I know it's random but I was just curious.

Plus I'm pretty sure everything I say is random and makes no sense sooooooo

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx